Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Develop Database? How and with who?

Options
  • 24-09-2010 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I am interested in developing a database that can grow in time. Does anyone know who in Ireland is good for this?

I am hoping to develop a complex contacts database including multi functional calendar, incorporate emails, events page, tagging, pics, project management and mobile access etc. etc. etc. for around 30 people to use constantly?

All recommendations and info on pros and cons would be much much appreciated!

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

This is probably the wrong forum for this to be honest. Would be best in the web dev forum. I'll alert a mod to get this moved for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The Development forum would be better than the Design forum.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Heh, thought I'd get away with having my cuppa tay first :o:p

Just hope this is the best place for it :confused::o

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

Online CRM products like Salesforce do this already. And can extended to suit your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

^^ What fasty said.

What you're looking for wowsers is called a Customer Relationship Managment product, or CRM for short. There are lots of offerings already, SalesForce.com being one of the market leaders which can be customised and support's custom development. It's web based.

There are other offerings though, you should shop around. The google apps market place might be a good place to start if you're happy with a web based solution. There are other non-web solutions google CRM Ireland and you'll find some Irish based companies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 wowsers

Thanks a million! i'll certainly take your advice and look up the CRMs and salesforce.com etc, i've also reposted to the web dev site as recommended..

thanks (could ye tell that i'm a newbie?!!) :o

Advertisement