Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Robot shoud be sold for scrap and somebody given a Job!

Options
  • 24-09-2010 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,198 ✭✭✭✭

Is it just me but that fcuker when you call eircom never understands me, I want to rip out his circut boards, how can the national phone company employ somebody like this robot, it's a disgrace. Surly to god they could find someone to answer the phone.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Robots have rights too ya know. Can you imagine of if all the robots went on strike and the computers went on sympathy strike?! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Robot: Hi, what is your eircom account number?

Me: 8976876876

Robot: Did you say "100034343434323sdsdlkj3434"

Me: fffuuuuuuu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

as soon as the robot answers keep mumbling he won't understand you and put you through to a human straight away! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Say "cu*t" and it gives you a human straight off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Fnergg

I don't like the voice recognition software that eircom and various other companies use. It's too vulnerable to background noise. Give me the DTMF option anytime i.e. where you press a button on the phone for the various choices.

Regards,

Fnergg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

That system cost about 3 Million to install and is cleverly designed to make sure you do not get to talk to a person. Spare a thought for the poor staff member who has to deal with the frustrated and irate you at the end of the line. The guys who designed that system are sitting in their offices saying what a good job we did , the system dealt with thousands of calls today...
    Saw how this works from the inside and sadly more and more companies are following their example:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Is it just me but that fcuker when you call eircom never understands me, I want to rip out his circut boards, how can the national phone company employ somebody like this robot, it's a disgrace. Surly to god they could find someone to answer the phone.:mad:

that robot has a wife and kids to feed, dont go bringing your anti robot rhetoric in here given the recessionary times we live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

as soon as the robot answers keep mumbling he won't understand you and put you through to a human straight away! :)

Or maybe if you speak to him the way you write, without any punctuation, he'll find you too hard to understand and put you through to a human! :pac:

Advertisement