Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of getting a new phone around christmas...

Options
  • 24-09-2010 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of getting a cheaper android phone but I don't think I'd be able to afford it still, I've heard around €350 unless they're going second hand I don't think I'd use it enough to warrant that.

But I do need a phone that's decent at internet browsing(maybe that can be used as a modem too), and has a decent Mp3 player on board.

I'm on O2 at the moment.

I don't want to spend more than 200 unless it's something really special.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I think you're better to wait until nearer the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Cableguy

Sandvich wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting a cheaper android phone but I don't think I'd be able to afford it still, I've heard around €350 unless they're going second hand I don't think I'd use it enough to warrant that.

But I do need a phone that's decent at internet browsing(maybe that can be used as a modem too), and has a decent Mp3 player on board.

I'm on O2 at the moment.

I don't want to spend more than 200 unless it's something really special.

Are you on a bill as you might get something decent on an upgrade? are thinking of swtiching to one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

No, I'm on prepaid. I only spend about 10-20 euro a month max on credit(sometimes I even get by on 5) so it'd be waste. However lately I've found need of the internet when I'm out so that's used up a fair bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sandvich wrote: »
    However lately I've found need of the internet when I'm out so that's used up a fair bit more.

You might be better off switching to a different operator so. Meteor is one option, if you topup by €20 you get free meteor texts, and free internet usage. Three so the same but its any network texts. You can do this now, no need to buy a phone or anything, and see what phone takes your fancy in a few months

Are O2 the worst for internet then?

I dunno about switching though - my dad has a thing where he gets free calls to another O2 number, he'd have to switch too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They dont have a prepay internet plan or addon, its just the 99cent a day you use it. If you use it frequently well this can be expensive.

The two options I mentioned are an allowance, which you can use over the month. If your only using it 2 or 3 times a month, its probably not worth it, if you want the free calls etc. Just letting you know of it

I might not bother with a new phone yet so :/

Advertisement