Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jobseekers Benefit Questions?

• 24-09-2010 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hoping someone will know something about this.

I was made redundant at the end of 2008 and started claiming Benefit in Janurary 2009. I started college in september 2009 and moved to BTEA until june 2010 when I went back to JSB. In July I received a letter to say my stamps was running out and I had to fill out the means test form. I did this and didnt hear anything back. I went to collect my money on wednesday and there was nothing there so went to the social welfare office and after a bit they said that my means test had been completed and I would get a letter in a day or two.

So the letter arrived this morning which states Im getting Jobseekers Benefit for the next 312 days at the maximum rate which will now be paid into my bank account. Im delighted by this but dont understand why Im getting JSB as I thought I should have moved to JSA and we have a fair amount of savings so wouldnt have expected to get full rate. I dont necessarily want to go asking questions in the social welfare office.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭OmeGar

While on BTEA you are entitled to work a short number of Hours? did you do this?

If so you may have requalified for JSB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

No I didnt work when I was in college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

When on BTEA you get the full personal rate - no means are deducted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

cAr0l wrote: »
    When on BTEA you get the full personal rate - no means are deducted
    Im not getting BTEA, I was up until june but Im finished now. I thought my JSB had run out and I should have been put on JS allowance but they have started JSB again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Send the deciding officer who signed the correspondence a letter with your concerns and ask them to confirm their decision.

• Advertisement
Advertisement