Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I don't think we do ?!

Marginally more creative then Wilson but otherwise I'd say NO. Can't see any major improvement to the playing staff with this possible signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Pienaar could be an effective impact sub and a good backup player as he can play anywhere across the midfield and as the lads have already said in earlier posts i think he will just be a squad player. Certainly not the signing i was hoping for but i think hes a decent player that could do a job, though il be dissapointed if harry doesnt address the Striker issue in this transfer window.

If he could do this again id be a happy bunny!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Pienaar for 3m is a no brainer. Far better than Wilson or JJ. The fact he looks likely to be the first player to choose Spurs over Abramovichs millions is very significant imo. Pienaar played on the same Ajax team as Rafa, Schneider et all and in fact was the highest rated of this tem back in the day. He is a smashing player, full of energy and more importantly his concentration is good.

When Frank Arneson left Spurs I thought we wouldn't see a day this in a long time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

golfball37 wrote: »
    Pienaar for 3m is a no brainer. Far better than Wilson or JJ.

Was thinking of this earlier, he does seem to be more mobile than palacious, a better finisher and passer?

Could be a more effective workhorse in the centre allowing Modric to do his stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Was thinking of this earlier, he does seem to be more mobile than palacious, a better finisher and passer?

Could be a more effective workhorse in the centre allowing Modric to do his stuff?
    That would be a small midfield imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Lads, since when has Pienaar become a defensive player, he the opposite !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

amiable wrote: »
    That would be a small midfield imo

Would it make a difference once Pienaar can win more tackles than jj/thud/wilson?.

Barcelona have a pretty small midfield:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Lots of buzz around the london media about Fabiano today I'd like to see someone like him come in myself even if he is 30

From Twitter
    From Twitter
    therealstevenpi Steven Pienaar by henrywinter

To end speculation I am going to Spurs. I've had brilliant years at Everton and it will always be a special place in my heart.

For the record i think Pienaar is a quality player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

golfball37 wrote: »
    The fact he looks likely to be the first player to choose Spurs over Abramovichs millions is very significant imo.

LOL, Chelsea wouldn't pay him what he wanted so how do you make that one out?

Anyway Pienaar is a great addition for you lot.

Would it make a difference once Pienaar can win more tackles than jj/thud/wilson?.

Barcelona have a pretty small midfield:D
    Comparing Pienaar to Iniesta and Xavi haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

i agree pienaar for 3m is a no brainer

he can play anywhere across the midfield although he is more attacking than defensive

he replaces bentley and provides cover for modric and could even fill in for bale on the left if needs be

excellent signing, really strengthens the squad.....wages sound a bit big for someone who shouldn't be first choice but the transfer fee was so small it balances out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Just back from a weekend in Barcelona, met Pienaar's agent when I was there and he had said that Pienaar will be coming to us - was hoping to be the first to tell you's!!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

according to his twitter page - he's signing for us. not that i follow twitter - i think it's for c**ts - anyway from the dailymail website

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1348290/Steven-Pienaar-signs-Spurs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Heh tell us what you really feel about twitter! :D Interesting signing, and must mean the end of Krancjar. I believe Pienaar plays in the middle for SA so he really does give us a lot of options, but will he start when Thudd is back? I can't see Bale - Modric - Thudd - Lennon being displaced, unless someone is injured, and we have Palacios/O'Hara (who must be going too)/Sandro/Jenas as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

krancjar was poor against everton and i was at the charlton game and he was rubbish for a lad who's not been in the team all year you'd think he'd be bursting a gut but no.

it's a tightline - keeping modric happy with fellow country men is a must in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Still no idea where he's supposed to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

With Bentley, O'Hara and presumably Krancjar off to pastures new Pienaar will give us valuable options. Can play left, right or centre or even off a target man if necessary. Nice bit of bite about him, may not be a starter but a good signing none the less.

• Advertisement

We've been linked with Taye Taiwo Marseilles left back for 5m

We've been linked with Taye Taiwo Marseilles left back for 5m

A lot for a fella who's contract is apparently up in the summer !

Hatch99 wrote: »
    A lot for a fella who's contract is apparently up in the summer !

Ya he seems to be very very highly rated though

Ya he seems to be very very highly rated though
    I've seen him play Champions league and i thought he was mediocre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Linked with a €15m bid for Rossi

He'd be a mighty signing for us! Still think Benzema could hapen though

markesmith wrote: »
    He'd be a mighty signing for us! Still think Benzema could hapen though

Lads there is no hope of us getting Benzema. Why would Jose sell his only fit natural striker !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I think Harry has something up his sleeve. I expect Keane to be gone and big name in last day (hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

ziedth wrote: »
    I think Harry has something up his sleeve. I expect Keane to be gone and big name in last day (hopefully)

maybe vucinic or suarez

Daily mail is linking us with Hulk from Porto which could be a good buy he's been reportedly watched by our scouts over 30 times this season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Plus, he's got the best name ever.

Advertisement