Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

Kiith wrote: »
    Plus, he's got the best name ever.

I never buy jerseys with players names on them, but I may make an exception for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Ormus wrote: »
    maybe vucinic or suarez

Sky Sports reported that the Ajax Coach indicated that he'd want around €30m for Suarez. That's a serious amount of money, which personally, I don't think Levy would be willing to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Just on Hulk
    Hulk started the 2010–11 season in impressive fashion, scoring sixteen times in his first sixteen official matches, including a hat-trick against K.R.C. Genk for the UEFA Europa League's playoffs, on 26 August 2010 (4–2 home win, 7–2 on aggregate). In September and October he won the Portuguese Championship Player of the Month; on 7 November 2010, he scored the last two goals as Porto trounced Benfica 5–0 at home, creating a 10-point difference between the two teams, with the northerners leading the league.
    From wiki but a goal a game in portugal is very impressive netted 24 out of 27 games so far this season although his new contract reportedly has a release clause set at €84m:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Sounds decent but I don't think I'd like him when he's angry...

Kold wrote: »
    Sounds decent but I don't think I'd like him when he's angry...
    Ya was involved in a tunnel brawl last year got banned for four months after getting angry......

Later reduced to four games :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Ya was involved in a tunnel brawl last year got banned for four months after getting angry......

Later reduced to four games :P

Hopefully handles himself better than Fabiano;

Townsend gone on loan to Watford but we have a 24hr recall clause if we need him.

Just wondering guys who would you like to see come in? I'm sure we are all in agreement a striker is a big need !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Just wondering guys who would you like to see come in? I'm sure we are all in agreement a striker is a big need !

loads of talk about forlan. flop first time round in england ut on fire in spain adn in european competitions

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Dream transfer = Kun Aguerro
    Most relaistic yet still a dream transfer = Karim Benzema

Would very happily settle for Carroll too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Anybody who can put the ball in the net. Seriously. How many times has it been Lennon or Bale putting the ball in the net rather than our strikers. Our goal difference is rubbish and it's because our strikers are underperforming. If we could get a consistent striker, we'd really challenge!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 joseph10

forlan wages will be too high and madrid need benzema with loads of strikers injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

joseph10 wrote: »
    forlan wages will be too high and madrid need benzema with loads of strikers injured.
    Forlan is too old to command such a high fee and high wages IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

A striker is our obvious need.

I'd settle for a van Nistelrooy-type goal-poacher who only comes alive in the penalty box but has that happy knack of being in the right place at the right time.

Ideally I'd like a Drogba-type striker; i.e. with power, pace, aerial abililty - basically all the attributes required of the modern-day lone striker!

Carroll probably fits the Drogba mould quite nicely but I'm far from convinced that he is worth £20+million.

I can see Harry's problem to be honest - there are not many world class strikers knocking about so it's proving difficult to find someone who is an improvement on what we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

Just read this:

Gareth Bale could become the best-paid player in Tottenham history when they offer him a new £100,000-a-week five-year deal - less than a year after he signed a four-year deal for £45,000 a week.

If that happens it opens the door for big wage players?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

^ I find that hard to believe. Whats the source?

THFC wrote: »

From the BBC Gossip Column.. They're source says News of the Wrold.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

THFC wrote: »

Seems to have been reported on various rumour sites. I googled the exact text ... results

Regardless of him signing a contract last year i think Spurs should give him a new contract anyway to reflect how much they value him and i think he'll return it with loyalty to the club long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Van Bommell being linked now by Dragon1 on COYS who is usually spot on. Would prefer Lass Diarra myself but Van Bommell would be a good short term solution. Would add some steel to our midfield along with leadership and experience.

• Advertisement

If Pav and keane were to go we would be clearing 120-150k a week off the wage bill that would leave room for us to get a really top quality player in but still I don't see who there is available out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

According to Sky, we are linked with a Robbo return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Hatch99 wrote: »
    According to Sky, we are linked with a Robbo return.

paul robinson??

no thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

keane=cock wrote: »
    paul robinson??

no thanks

That's the one..i'd give away Gomes for Given mind you...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Why don't we stick a €20 million bid for Suarez? We definitely need a striker at this stage.

Kiith wrote: »
    Why don't we stick a €20 million bid for Suarez? We definitely need a striker at this stage.
    I reckon Harry wouldn't like to play him and VDV and Defoe in the same team. I'm guessing he wants a bigger presence up front

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Apparently (take with a pinch of salt) we were in talks with Llorente's brother (who is his agent), and he was very impressed with both the club itself and the training facilities but Spurs basic offer was too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Apparently (take with a pinch of salt) we were in talks with Llorente's brother (who is his agent), and he was very impressed with both the club itself and the training facilities but Spurs basic offer was too small.

If that's true at least it's a sign that we have a chance as the basic offer can always be improved. I'd like to see him at Spurs.

Llorente would be a great signing for us.. He's be the power house up front we need. He's similiar to Carroll but better!;)

• Advertisement

Llorente would be an epic signing hopefully true

Advertisement