Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

whos this Llorente dude then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

mushykeogh wrote: »
    whos this Llorente dude then?

Big tall strong CF who plays for Athletic Bilbao. Has been capped a good bit for Spain and is still quite young. He's wanted by Real Madrid, or Jose to be precise. As wellboys mentioned, he's like a Spanish version of Carroll, without the stupid ponytail.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Adebayor gone to Real Madrid maybe Benzema will go out now on loan yes Please

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Adebayor gone to Real Madrid maybe Benzema will go out now on loan yes Please

I'd say they are getting Adebayor becuase they are short strikers, so it wouldn't make much sense to get rid of a different striker.

I'm just glad he didnt come to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Van Bommel has signed for AC Milan so thats another potential target gone. Surely to god Harry and the suits all realise that above all else we need a world class stiker. With all the extra money we made from our champions league journey we can break the bank once and really go all out for a top top striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Levy won't sanction a signing above £15m, which effectively puts us out of the market for any top world class strikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

You see the thing is if we could sell Keane for £5 - 6 million, that would significantly increase our potential spending power. Plus, sell of JOH and ideally Jenas and we'd have well over £25 million to spend. Obviously it's not that simple and I'm sure Harry doesn't want to let either of the two midfielders go just yet, so we may be out of luck this window, and out of luck this season.

SuprSi wrote: »
    You see the thing is if we could sell Keane for £5 - 6 million, that would significantly increase our potential spending power. Plus, sell of JOH and ideally Jenas and we'd have well over £25 million to spend. Obviously it's not that simple and I'm sure Harry doesn't want to let either of the two midfielders go just yet, so we may be out of luck this window, and out of luck this season.
    O'Hara was saying yesterday he hoped to go on loan to get first team football (on Twitter) If and it's a big if we can get to the Champions league again next year I think we would have a much better chance of bringing in a top quality striker but we need one now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

SuprSi wrote: »
    I'm not a spurs fan but from the outside i can seriously say i wouldn't sell Jenas.
    He's no world beater i'd agree with you there but Spurs need a couple of players like him to fall back on. Its vey hard to have several world class players happy to sit on the bench.
    He'd be worth having if an injury crisis came along IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭condor26

No doubt we'll be hooked to this transfer thread on the last day of the window! Looks like Spurs will do the usual and have our hearts beating in the last 20 ;)
    Really thought we would have wrapped up a sale for Keane at this stage, maybe even Kranjcar. I like him, but Im sure he wants a regular game...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Sky reporting Kranjcar has interest from Werder Bremen. I think it's a good move for him, if it goes ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Hopefully we'll move for Phil Neville again now that bale is injured.

*Bale started at LB on Sat vs Newcastle, was that because BAE is injured. I hope Harry didn't drop him for Bale just to make room for Pienaar in LM

*not strictly transfer talk related question

Hopefully we'll move for Phil Neville again now that bale is injured.

*Bale started at LB on Sat vs Newcastle, was that because BAE is injured. I hope Harry didn't drop him for Bale just to make room for Pienaar in LM

*not strictly transfer talk related question

Benny injured his knee

Woodgate rejects loan move to Wolves, because he wants to fight for his place (and a new contract) at WHL.

Also, Fulham have ended their interest in Kranjcar.

Still no sign of a striker, looks as though Suarez is linking up with Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Still no sign of a striker, looks as though Suarez is linking up with Liverpool.

Disgusted,I really like him, and he was there for the taking if we really wanted him :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

we should join the bidding war for torres , even if it was only to have a larf !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 anthonymc123

do many of you know wheater there is any juice in the bale to inter link?

lots of the english papers seen to have it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Bollix I would say although I could see him gone in the summer.

Hatch99 wrote: »

hatch i reckon thats just harry , banker he got something up his sleeve for monday deadline day

• Advertisement

BERBA wrote: »
    hatch i reckon thats just harry , banker he got something up his sleeve for monday deadline day

Hopefully mate...

23m move is rejected by Newcastle for Carroll

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

23m move is rejected by Newcastle for Carroll

Liverpool get suarez for 22.8 mill , we get a 23 mill bid rejected for Carroll......i dont get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

BERBA wrote: »

Yeah lol .. Andy Carroll who we have been told is not for sale a million times. Also completley overrated and overhyped because of a decent half season in the premier league getting on the end of long balls. What a joke

There's no way Carroll is worth €23 million. Let him keep that form for more then 1 season in the Premier League, and then come asking for more.

Kiith wrote: »
    There's no way Carroll is worth €23 million. Let him keep that form for more then 1 season in the Premier League, and then come asking for more.

I think they have put a price of £30m on him I quiet like him and I think he will be worth it in the future myself.

From BBC Live Update
    BBC wrote:
    Inter Milan have admitted defeat in their pursuit of Tottenham winger Gareth Bale. "The Tottenham president sent me a nice message saying that 40 million euros was not much for Bale. The truth is that Bale and Tottenham feel good together. And even in June that price will not be compatible with our approach."

Daily mail reporting we've bid 26m for Llorente , interesting

BERBA you've just gotten me excited! Please god accept it, Athletic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Not saying it's untrue but I don't believe anything out of any tabloid barr the NOTW or the Sunday World. Shouldn't be getting your hopes up anyways.
    Reliable sources IMO = BBC, The Guardian and to a certain extent Sky. NOTW has proven reliable in the past but runs with a lot of BS stories to make it reliable per sé (papers like the Times, Independent, etc. I consider redundant as they are normally a good few hours behind most big stories, they only serve to confirm the rumours).

Advertisement