Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Keane has completed a medical in preparation of a move to west ham but Hudd has had a set back and might not play again this season. So we could see late moves for a midfielder and or a striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

two pieces from today
    Tottenham have put in a £4million bid for Manchester City goalkeeper Shay Given.
    Tottenham have made a huge late bid for a Spain striker.
    Athletic Bilbao's Ferando Llorente is the object of Harry REdknapp's affections and reports are circulating that a £26m bid has been lodged with the Basque club. Llorente has risen to prominence over the past 12 months, shining both for club and for country. With 12 goals to his name in La Liga this season, the 25-year-old sits behind only Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and David Villa in the goalscoring charts and his physical staure and aerial prowess makes him ideally suited to the Premier League.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jmcc001

O'Hara joins Wolves on loan till end of season

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

Jmcc001 wrote: »

that's a shame - shame its not permanent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

that's a shame - shame its not permanent

Why ? What has OHara ever done wrong at Spurs ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Hatch99 wrote: »

think we have outgrown the o hara's of this world tbh hatch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I think O' Hara will be a great player in 2/3 years, possibly sooner. Very much hope we don't sell him.

BERBA wrote: »
    think we have outgrown the o hara's of this world tbh hatch

Really. Hard working, decent on the ball, can fill in in various positions. He's one Id keep next season once he's fit tbh. Sir Alex finds room for fellas like Gibson, so why would we want to get rid of the likes of Hara.

Anyway, he'll want to leave to play regularly no doubt as he has already said.

Really. Hard working, decent on the ball, can fill in in various positions. He's one Id keep next season once he's fit tbh. Sir Alex finds room for fellas like Gibson, so why would we want to get rid of the likes of Hara.

Anyway, he'll want to leave to play regularly no doubt as he has already said.

utd have a lighter squad than us hatch , outside of our regular 4 across the midfield lennon hudd modric and bale , i think pienaar palaicos jenas sandro even bentley would be ahead of o hara and possibly another midfielder coming in tomorrow, who knows? , no requirement to keep o hara imo

utd have a lighter squad than us hatch , outside of our regular 4 across the midfield lennon hudd modric and bale , i think pienaar palaicos jenas sandro even bentley would be ahead of o hara and possibly another midfielder coming in tomorrow, who knows? , no requirement to keep o hara imo

All entitled to our opinions but I'd have him ahead of Sandro,Bentley and Jenas when fit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Viktor.

If it came down to it, I'd much prefer to see Jenas go rather than O'Hara.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Viktor. wrote: »
    If it came down to it, I'd much prefer to see Jenas go rather than O'Hara.

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

For me O Hara is hard working but thats it. Watched him lots with portsmouth and never thought he had much in terms of technique but there you go.

just now breaking news on SSN , athletico madrid reject 38.5m bid from us for sergio aguerro:eek:

we mean business lads

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

According to SSN just now, Atletico Madrid have rejected a 38.5 million bid for Sergio Aguero from us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

According to SSN just now, Atletico Madrid have rejected a 38.5 million bid for Sergio Aguero from us!!
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

He'd a been worth every penny!

Apparently it`s the correct amount to trigger the release clause in his contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

This just gets better lads!

4 offers made tonight..

N'gredo, Rossi, Llorente and Aguero.. offers from 30m to 38.5m!
    The bid for Rossi was 30m but if we go to 35m it'll be accepted!

Something about Spurs not will to pay taxes and VAT in the Aguero deal was the reason behind the rejection?

wellboys wrote: »

4 offers made tonight..

Something about Spurs not will to pay taxes and VAT in the Aguero deal was the reason behind the rejection?

Christ, this is big, beyond big! Thats serious money.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

Apparently the 38.5 mil sterling triggers a release clause he has for €45 mil in his contract where he's allowed buy out his own contract. Only thing is the tax and vat on it brings the overall cost to €60 mil. Can't see us paying that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Ridiculous stories. There's no way on this planet that we'd spend that kind of money, no way. I'd actually be really disappointed if we did. Yeah we need a really good striker, but to do it like this would be incredibly embarrassing and just imagine if he took the rest of the season to settle? I don't think we'll sign anyone as we've left it too late.

wellboys wrote: »

4 offers made tonight..

Would love to see us sign Aguero but it I can`t see it happening. Rossi is a great player but don`t think he`s worth 30 or 35 million though, same with llorente and Negredo. Why not add another 10 million and try for Torres. Liverpool say they want 50 million for him but with the clock ticking to the 11pm deadline the price will drop, he may be bought for 40m-45m. What a signing that would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Don't think Torres would want to come to us, the reason he wants to leave Liverpool at all is only because Chelsea put in the bid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Don't think Torres would want to come to us, the reason he wants to leave Liverpool at all is only because Chelsea put in the bid.
    A dumb priest never got a parish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

amiable wrote: »
    A dumb priest never got a parish

True that I guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Would love to see us sign Aguero but it I can`t see it happening. Rossi is a great player but don`t think he`s worth 30 or 35 million though, same with llorente and Negredo. Why not add another 10 million and try for Torres. Liverpool say they want 50 million for him but with the clock ticking to the 11pm deadline the price will drop, he may be bought for 40m-45m. What a signing that would be.

Llorente is one of the most sought after players in the world at the moment, with us, Liverpool, Madrid, Barca and now Chelsea all wanting him. He is definitely worth 30-35mil - top scorer charts in Spain have him behind only Ronaldo, Messi and Villa at the moment (while playing for Bilbao!) Put him in either Madrid or Barcelona and he would probably be top...

Rossi scored a brilliant finish last night, but if Alex Ferguson didn't want to hang on to him then I don't see why we'd want to bring him back to the Premier League.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Daily Mail says last min 38.5m bid for Aguero being made today, cant see it being accepted considering Madrid had a 38m bid rejected last wk.

Also says Redknapp still hopes to sign P. Neville before the deadline

I wonder, Is Levy just making a bid for the sake of it? Bid big bucks, like 38 mill, knowing its goin to take another 20 or so mill for the player to leave.
    Come tonight when all we have is Phil Neville, he can say he tried his best etc etc but the deal just couldnt be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

solid in a ginger pele way but thats about it - tottenham supporter but yet hoped we lost in the cup last year so he could play at wembley in the semi final - then hoped we got beat against pompey in the semi final - fair enough about being selfish and thinking it - but coming out and saying it agaisnt the club you support and are owned by is another thing.

• Advertisement

Running around Europe with a bag of money trying to sign a striker, absolute fcuking laughing stock.

Advertisement