Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Apparently Newcastle have rejected Pool's bid??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Apparently Newcastle have rejected Pool's bid??

I'd be amazed and very impressed by whoever (be it Carroll or Newcastle) refused the bid if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Newcastle have enquired about Crouchie's availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Shammy wrote: »
    Newcastle have enquired about Crouchie's availability.
    Unless we have someone else coming in no chance they'll get him

We have been blown out of the water this transfer window Chelsea and Liverpool spending 75m each Villa spending a fortune Sunderland spending big think we spent in total 3.5m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Harry had told reporters that he was going home after training ......training finished over 3 hours ago Harry is still there.

It's not looking good for us really. Liverpool get Carroll, Suarez, and Charlie Adams, all without really spending much money. Chelsea get Torres and Luiz, City don't need anyone (but got Dzeko anyway), leaving us, Utd and Arsenal not buying anyone, both of whom are stronger than us.

Rossi is not the answer. I don't think Forlan is either. To be honest, I don't think there's an available striker that will do the job for us and I'd rather we didn't spend a club record on someone that's not a perfect fit.

SuprSi wrote: »
    It's not looking good for us really. Liverpool get Carroll, Suarez, and Charlie Adams, all without really spending much money. Chelsea get Torres and Luiz, City don't need anyone (but got Dzeko anyway), leaving us, Utd and Arsenal not buying anyone, both of whom are stronger than us.

Rossi is not the answer. I don't think Forlan is either. To be honest, I don't think there's an available striker that will do the job for us and I'd rather we didn't spend a club record on someone that's not a perfect fit.
    Ya I know what you mean Llorente is the only one I think that could do the job for us imo unless we play 442 while Bale is out rossie behind Crouch VDV on the left?

Yep, Llorente or Carroll are the two best fits, but not at the money they're looking for. I'm actually amazed at the amount of expensive activity during this window.

Yep, Llorente or Carroll are the two best fits, but not at the money they're looking for. I'm actually amazed at the amount of expensive activity during this window.
    I think Llorente would be worth the 35m
    Although i think he only has eyes for Madrid

• Advertisement

We must be looking at 50-60m now for Bale too by the looks of things it wouldn't get us very much though :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Reports in Spain about a £30 million deal for Rossi

Reports in Spain about a £30 million deal for Rossi

Ok, get rid of Defoe and keep Rossi, happy enough, but both Defoe and Rossi? Rossi is a better, more effective version of Defoe though we still need Crouch gone and a strong replacement in. I don't think this is the right thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

If it means spending £35m or more to buy just one player then personally I don't see the value.

The over inflated pricing of players is just ridiculous. I mean £35m for Carroll, a striker who wasn't even in the top five strikers in The Championship last season. Reminiscent of the mad scramble for property during the alleged boom years. Buying what you can't afford will lead to heavy debts which eventually will mean having to sell of those same players a cut price sums to avoid the pressure from the banks.

When the new financial regulations from UEFA come into force what will happen to these clubs that just keep borrowing and borrowing.

If Torres goes to Chelsea Anelka would be surplus to requirements. Would you take him ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

If Torres goes to Chelsea Anelka would be surplus to requirements. Would you take him ??

No thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

whats this fell rossi like? Is he worth 25-30m?

harry et al are all at training ground still , something defo going down.

BERBA wrote: »
    whats this fell rossi like? Is he worth 25-30m?

harry et al are all at training ground still , something defo going down.
    Are they I imagine something must be happening if they are intresting

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

Are they I imagine something must be happening if they are intresting

Has to be Rossi?

Rossi's wiki page edited to say he signed 4+1/2 year deal for €33m today more to follow ..... damn unreliable wiki

Sunday times editor saying Levy was told it was too late to do a deal.

• Advertisement

Rossi's wiki page edited to say he signed 4+1/2 year deal for €33m today more to follow ..... damn unreliable wiki

Sunday times editor saying Levy was told it was too late to do a deal.

Earlier on it said he was a spurs player :D

from sky sports

@SkySportsRachG:
    Harry Redknapp says there is still a 'possibility' of Everton full-back Phil Neville moving to Tottenham. More to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

RichMc70 wrote: »
    from sky sports

@SkySportsRachG:
    Harry Redknapp says there is still a 'possibility' of Everton full-back Phil Neville moving to Tottenham. More to follow

Is he being signed/chased as a central midfielder or what ?

Hutton and BAE have the full back spots, and Neville is well in to his thirties after all.

Looks like thats it for us nothing doing by the looks of it

RichMc70 wrote: »
    from sky sports

@SkySportsRachG:

Fantastic. I just don't get this at all. Really, it completely baffles me. Experience of not, he's not a Spurs-type player, and in no way what we need. If we don't sign a good striker, we are unlikely to make it into the top 4 this season unless Defoe/Crouch/Pav suddenly find form that they've never found before, and that will be a shame. The club had a chance, and perhaps had they actually pursued targets at the start of the transfer window rather than waiting for a few hours before it closed things may have been different, but it's just a shambles now and unfortunately this window may well define the remainder of our season.

Fantastic. I just don't get this at all. Really, it completely baffles me. Experience of not, he's not a Spurs-type player, and in no way what we need. If we don't sign a good striker, we are unlikely to make it into the top 4 this season unless Defoe/Crouch/Pav suddenly find form that they've never found before, and that will be a shame. The club had a chance, and perhaps had they actually pursued targets at the start of the transfer window rather than waiting for a few hours before it closed things may have been different, but it's just a shambles now and unfortunately this window may well define the remainder of our season.
    harry said on 5 live i think it was that he's not coming so thats it for a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Looks like thats it for us nothing doing by the looks of it

disagree everdead , why is harry hanging around spurs lodge tonight?

something gonna happen late me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

be so depressed it all we end up with is p neville....

from sky sports

@SkySportsChrisB:
    Harry Redknapp has confirmed Tottenham have put a bid in for Everton skipper Phil Neville. Click here for more on this story.
    Monday January 31, 2011 9:20 @SkySportsChrisB

• Advertisement

We must have a fair bit of cash left about only 18.5m spent in last two windows.

Advertisement