Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b6Fdy
    Looks like we're chasing another young prodigy. Also, I heard that Harry put a €40 million price tag on Bale, and Im sure everyone knows by now of the Juventus interest in Keane.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Lord, we badly lack a top centre half and a top centre forward, I hope Santa is making us one of each this year :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Lord, we badly lack a top centre half and a top centre forward, I hope Santa is making us one of each this year :cool:

Roque Santa Cruz ? :D

Roque Santa Cruz ? :D

No Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 masher

miroslav klose could do a season or two ...........along with podolski ..:D

• Advertisement

masher wrote: »

No thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

is it not worth doing what all the rest have done to us in the past and levy sticking a 50m bid in for Torres in Jan, Levy would keep the fans happy by putting the bid in and knowing in the back of his mind anyway that they would reject it , but also in the process getting the scousers going.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

We have a proper squad. Before we look at who we sign, look at who is there who can come in. This time last year, Bentley, Bale, Hutton, Jenas, Pavlyuchenko were all for the chop. All played a big part at some stage since.
    Also, we should only look at players of real class and experience, or players of frightening potential. Look at how Bale, Lennon, and Huddlestone are the fulcrum of the team, all bought as kids- all happy and settled and on long term contracts.
    For me, Lukaku is the man up front.
    At the back- not simple. Kaboul is showing signs that if given time, he can be very good.
    Dawson and Defoe will be like 2 new signings in a month.The biggest test at Christmas is can we keep our fringe players - the ones we want and need for depth of quality- happy. Kranjcar, Palacios, Pavlyuchenko, Corluka, Bentley could explode the way Bale and Pav did last spring. Remember, they only came in due to injuries to Assou Ekotto and Defoe. Kranjar shone when Modric was out, Bentley was very good in Lennon's absence.
    Keane probably needs a move- for his sake as well as Spurs. Apart from that, I wouldn't change much. Stability is the key

masher wrote: »

I'd happily have Podolski, quality player. Shame he dosen't really perform in club games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I really hope we keep Kranjcar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

I havent seen it posted in many forums but Gallas has been largely very good for us especially tonite against Milan...

We have a proper squad. Before we look at who we sign, look at who is there who can come in. This time last year, Bentley, Bale, Hutton, Jenas, Pavlyuchenko were all for the chop. All played a big part at some stage since.
    Also, we should only look at players of real class and experience, or players of frightening potential. Look at how Bale, Lennon, and Huddlestone are the fulcrum of the team, all bought as kids- all happy and settled and on long term contracts.

Couldn't agree more. I rather we bought no one at all then spend 10m on some Carlos Kick-a-ball who never cuts the mustard. We need proven and/or experienced players.

Having said that Podolski would be great, so he isn't the same player that burst onto the scene 4-6 years ago but he's still a class act and would bring something different to the team.

An experienced CB is badly needed. Someone with the experience of winning trophies, someone one could come in and hit the ground runnning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I myself would love if we got a hold of Llorente, he is a top class player and still young enough, at 25.

A video of him for those not familiar with the Bilbao hitman - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHo-S33H-w8&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

cheeky bid for Eto'o? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Just saw on Sky that Modric linked with 30mil move to Barcelona... He responded by saying he is happy with the link, but he'd prefer to go there as a Spurs player in the champions league!! :D

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Just saw on Sky that Modric linked with 30mil move to Barcelona... He responded by saying he is happy with the link, but he'd prefer to go there as a Spurs player in the champions league!! :D

He would fit in very well there too, wouldn't he!? However, I'm confident he's a player that will be at Spurs for the next few seasons min. Seems to really believe in Harry and the squad.

THFC wrote: »

Just what we dont need. Another 'journeyman defender' who has a dozen top flight games to his name. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Benzema might be available on loan in January I think it'd be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I would be genuinely excited about him. He's like a better Defoe.

• Advertisement

That's the kinda a player that would have the faithful swooning in the stands. Would most likely make an immediate impact too.

I think we're dreaming though. Can't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

I really like this guy , hasnt settled at madrid , would be great to see him at the lane.

Gourchuff a possibility in January supposedly

Gourchuff a possibility in January supposedly

Is he not very similar to VDV, an out-and-out attacking midfielder?

SuprSi wrote: »
    Is he not very similar to VDV, an out-and-out attacking midfielder?

Ya he is I'd prefer the money they are talking about being spent on a top class forward or David Luiz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Would Elmander be a good addition in January? He has only 6 months left on his contract so it's possible that a bid in the region of £3 million would be enough to get him. He had a poor record at Bolton during his 1st 2 seasons but he has an excellent record this season in a team that is playing some nice attacking football.

I'd be very surprised if we got someone like Benzema so I guess the question becomes: Would Elmander be an improvement on our current options?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Would Elmander be a good addition in January? He has only 6 months left on his contract so it's possible that a bid in the region of £3 million would be enough to get him. He had a poor record at Bolton during his 1st 2 seasons but he has an excellent record this season in a team that is playing some nice attacking football.

I'd be very surprised if we got someone like Benzema so I guess the question becomes: Would Elmander be an improvement on our current options?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

What about Andy Carroll? Swap deal for Keane plus cash maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

slegs wrote: »
    What about Andy Carroll? Swap deal for Keane plus cash maybe?
    No way, I'd rather Elmander.

• Advertisement

Advertisement