Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

SuprSi wrote: »
    If you believe some people he's tapping him up "He’s a good player, I like him, he looks a real talent.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Woodgate wrote: »
    No way, I'd rather Elmander.

Why?? Carroll is 21, Elmander is 29. I'd take Carroll any day of the week.

What are all these rumours about us making a January swoop for Adebayor?!? Wouldn't mind it but surely Man City wouldn't allow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Aren't his wages possibly the most ridiculous in football considering his level?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd give him a go at 40/50k a week but 160k?

nobody is going to pay it. he's a total knob but a handy foorballer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

THFC wrote: »
    What are all these rumours about us making a January swoop for Adebayor?!? Wouldn't mind it but surely Man City wouldn't allow it.

I'd rather we got Andy Booth back on loan tbh.

Adebayor is a top player on his day but his attitude stinks and he seems to cause disruption in a dressing room too.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Lofty0990

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I'd rather we got Andy Booth back on loan tbh.

Adebayor is a top player on his day but his attitude stinks and he seems to cause disruption in a dressing room too.

A pain where ever he goes and after the running to the other end of the pitch against u no who no thanks

I don't know what we should do this January we have already signed one player a centre half and we have Woodgate returning as well so I don't know if we really need to bring in scott Dann or Gary Cahill to shore things up and it would surely only stunt Caulkers development as well.

Up front we need to get rid of robbie and maybe Pav too and replace him with a top quality striker that said I don't know if Defoe is consistent enough to bang in enough goals we have well over half our league goals coming from midfield another few on top of that from defense as well.

Midfield may need some shoring up until Hudd is back but that really depends on if Sandro can adapt quickly enough or not.

All in all in Harry I trust he hasn't done much wrong so far and I trust him to bring in the players needed to push the club forward and I trust Levy to make sure he can only spend what we can afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Only way we'd get Carroll is if Newcastle got the drop. He's a local lad, he won't leave.

What we need is a centre-half. And for Pav to start producing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

It'll be hard to find a top striker that isn't cup tied for the champions league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

ziedth wrote: »
    It'll be hard to find a top striker that isn't cup tied for the champions league.

Well, I suggested Fernando Llorente before, and I stick by him. I think he would be World Class if he came to Spurs, and he is just the kind of striker we are looking for. Still playing at Bilbao, meaning he is not cup tied in the CL. Would love to see him at the lane!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I have to agree with you Cianan. He's a big fecker too, and looks like he'd be well able to handle the additional physicality of the EPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Thanks SuprSi. Living over in Spain atm, I get to see him on the telly almost every week and he is always a handful too. At the last international break, there was a huge discussion about why he should replace Torres in the national team (If I remember correctly, he was also linked with Liverpool in summer '09) so there are also high hopes for the guy elsewhere.

I believe that Benitez is still interested, trying to take him to Inter but my hopes are he ends up at the right club in London!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Can't imagine we'll get much for him but at this stage we need him gone as he's never going to be the Robbie we knew alongside Berbatov again. I'd like to see Bentley gone as well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

445279.ie wrote: »

end of an era. he was a legend during his time n i would be happier seen him play first team football away from white hart lane than sitting on our bench(or not even that)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

We are being strongly linked with Parker again. He is good at what he does but it's a lot of money on a fee and wages for a 30 year old !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 LeGinWasGod

Don't think there is any need for Parker. We already have ample cover in CM, and they are all better than Parker anyway.

Pienaar's the latest name being mentioned. Good player, though I'm not sure where he'd fit to be honest.

Seems to be a foregone conclusion in the press that Pienaar's coming to us in Jan. Well, I hope he doesn't. Ashley Young (afaik) is in the last year of his contract and he's far better and younger. Unless both come... which would probably a good sign as any that we intend on selling Bale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

I hope to God Adebayor doesn't come in january?

Its almost a done deal I hear anyway.

See, the thing with Adebayor is that he's better than any striker we currently have. I know he's known as a trouble-maker, but would Harry be able to make him work/play the Spurs way, as he has done with everyone else? I would definitely take him if he was available because I just don't see who else we could get that could slot into the team/league as easily.

^It's not a popular decision but I'd have him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Anybody hoping that in Newcastle's unrest, we can snatch Carroll?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Kold wrote: »
    Anybody hoping that in Newcastle's unrest, we can snatch Carroll?

Heard it on the radio today that , he is unhappy with the sacking of Chris Houghton and wants out , with Spurs linked to him.

Like pav , crouch , ade he is the type that Harry would be looking for.

Pienaar's the latest name being mentioned. Good player, though I'm not sure where he'd fit to be honest.

alot of talk about a switch deal for krancjar

keane=cock wrote: »
    alot of talk about a switch deal for krancjar

Hmm, interesting, especially considering how little game time Krancjar gets.

No CM on the bench today kranjcar could have to be moved there if we have any further injuries with Lennon wide right

No CM on the bench today kranjcar could have to be moved there if we have any further injuries with Lennon wide right

u must have put the mockers on jenas:D

• Advertisement

Hmm, interesting, especially considering how little game time Krancjar gets.

according to my bro. (he is a toffee)
    so he reads the everton version of what i read i suppose. out of contract in the summer n refused to sign a new one

Advertisement