Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

I thought Kranjcar was class tonight. Would'nt sell anyone who can do a job. Not at Christmas. This timne last year, Dawson had only broken back into the team, and was still being linked with a possible move, Bale, Bentley, and Pav were all going. All were needed. Move forward to last summer, Kaboul, Hutton, and Jenas were all out. All have been huge this season. Big clubs keep players- and when they leaqve, it's for good money. Bent has doubled in value since he lef .We don't need to sell good players, and we shouldn't unless it suits. Kranjcar is as good as Pienaar I think, although not as busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I thought Kranjcar was class tonight. .

Really ? I thought he looked out of shape and out of sorts !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Really ? I thought he looked out of shape and out of sorts !

have to say id swap kranjcar for pienaar in a heartbeat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Sky Sports reporting that Roman Pavlyuchenko is signing a new contract.

Another quote from his agent says that Crouch and Keane both being sold? I knew about Keane but if it's true about Crouch, that is a bit of a shock!

Source: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6562365,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Kold wrote: »
    Anybody hoping that in Newcastle's unrest, we can snatch Carroll?

I think Carroll is exactly what we need...he is like Crouch but potenitally better, more agressive and clinical. Could link great with either VDV or Defoe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

slegs wrote: »
    I think Carroll is exactly what we need...he is like Crouch but potenitally better, more agressive and clinical. Could link great with either VDV or Defoe.

Carroll has had 3 good months in the Premier League, he could turn out to be a great striker or he could become the next Michael Ricketts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

We at least we seem to of won a good few fans in Europe and that will help to attract players we miss Hudd as a shield badly at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Sky Sports reporting that Roman Pavlyuchenko is signing a new contract.

I don't think we should keep him tbh. I think he can play a lot better. He is slow and greedy. Most games seem to pass him by really. I don't mind a stiker being greedy but shooting from about 30 yards out on your weaker foot is a bit of a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

kakee wrote: »
    I don't think we should keep him tbh. I think he can play a lot better. He is slow and greedy. Most games seem to pass him by really. I don't mind a stiker being greedy but shooting from about 30 yards out on your weaker foot is a bit of a joke.

I dunno, he's seems to be happy enough as a part time player, and we wont get many players as good content to spend as much time on the bench. All in all, I think he's a good back-up and we should definitely keep him.

I think Suarez is a realistic target we tried to sign him this time last year but Jol got him to commit for another season now though I think he could be on his way out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Pavlyuchenko needs to strength up as he goes down far too easily. For a chap that’s over six feet tall, he’s got to show more or pi$$ off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Kevin Doyle all over the star today as a swap for Keane. Would he be any benefit? Not bad to have in the squad granted but nit exactly the superstar I was hoping for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I think Doyle is an excellent player, underrated by many. Do I want him at Spurs? Not particularly as I'd hope we can do better. It's a big fall from thinking about Adebayor/Benzema/etc to Doyle. Having said that, if he was a direct swap for Keane, as in not a first choice (as in we're still hoping to buy a really top striker), I'd be happy enough with that.

Well if you believe that Pav and Keane are to be sold and Doyle would be happy as second choice it might not be that bad. But if he is our secret wepon I'll be gutted.

Does anyone else think Barry Ferguson might be worth getting in to cover for Hudd till he gets back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Does anyone else think Barry Ferguson might be worth getting in to cover for Hudd till he gets back?

no. just no.

one hun is enough:D

Is he not captain at Birmingham? Couldn't see him coming here as cover. Although he is handy if not a scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

keane=cock wrote: »
    no. just no.

one hun is enough:D

Agree, except for the hun part ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

tevez please!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

mushykeogh wrote: »
    tevez please!

Has he handed in a transfer request? I'd love if we snatched him from City..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

tevez please!

yes:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

wellboys wrote: »
    Has he handed in a transfer request? I'd love if we snatched him from City..

Well he wants to go home apparently, not that we could afford his wages anyway!

Well he wants to go home apparently, not that we could afford his wages anyway!

We could afford it! The money we've made and have the possibility of making for CL is enough to get in a player of his quality and pay the wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'd rather somebody interested in playing football. Moot point though because he wouldn't come to us.

Talks that Harry is keen on signing Lescott in January

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

Luc Castaignos i the latest news

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Talks that Harry is keen on signing Lescott in January

Wouldn't mind that, he has potential, but we're fairly overloaded with CBs atm, even if a lot of them are injured.
    Imagine when they're all fit:eek:!

We still won't keep a clean sheet! :p Stick Younes up front! Good finisher!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

We still won't keep a clean sheet! :p Stick Younes up front! Good finisher!

And Crouch should be a CB.

• Advertisement

According to Pav's agent, Crouchy and Keane are being shipped out in January?

Advertisement