Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I'd normally agree with you Hatch when people post things like this about celebs but I know someone who met the entire Irish squad with a terminally ill child and he had nothing good to say about his attitude. He had the exact same impression that EireHotspur had, basically they were intruding into a world they had no place to be in was the way he described it. I think the mere mortals expression here was describing a superior attitude. On the other hand he couldn't praise the rest of the squad highly enough for the welcome and things they did for the family on the day.

Was always tempted to post it here but didn't want to come in with a sensationalist sh!t stir etc so kept it to myself. Just feel I have to say it now. Apologies for the off topic post.

No worries, everyone has an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Kyle Walker on loan to Villa till end of season.

he was great for QPR.....if he does well at villa he could be our first choice right back at the start of next season.....can also cover left back and centre half

We are delighted to announce the completion of the transfer of Bongani Khumalo from our club partner Supersport United.

Bongani captained Supersport to a record-equalling third straight Premier Soccer League championship last April, having become the youngest captain to lift the trophy the year before at the age of 22.

Now 23, the centre-back was part of the host nations World Cup Finals squad last summer and opened the scoring with his first international goal in the 2-1 group win over France.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Harry Redknapp is thought to be considering selling versatile defender Vedran Corluka after Liverpool made an enquiry.
    The Croatian international appears to have fallen out of favour at White Hart Lane and Redknapp may well cash in on the player to bolster his finances as he looks to make his own signings.

Liverpool are being linked with an £8m move for the player who is also wanted by Italian giants Juventus but a switch to Anfield could well be on the cards.

Liverpool's Director of Football strategy, Damien Comolli, originally signed the player for Spurs back in 2008 so knows him well and that may help a move come off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Could that be a swap for Johnson? Heard he's very unhappy at Liverpool atm. Dont think we should sell him otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Noooo!! Not bloody Johnson, he's worse than any of our other defenders at doing what they're supposed to do - defend. And even going forward he's not all that. I'd be very surprised at this move to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Johnsons is on 120k a week at Liverpool no way will Spurs take him unless he's willing to half his pay. This was discovered when a swap was mooted a few weeks ago -Johnson for Kranjcar, Spurs were horrified by all accounts with his wages so I reckon we won't back in for him.

Corluka going to Pool would confirm my suspicions that Bilic is being lined up as their next manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I don't think it would be a bad idea to get rid of Charlie now, while we can get good money for him. Hutton has been in good form and I don't see Corluka getting into the starting line-up ahead of Hutton unless through injury.

With Kyle having gone to Villa though, it might not work out if Hutton gets injured after we've sold Charlie, although I do recall Kaboul being one of our best players last season while playing right back,,, Maybe Harry will be thinking the same again, with a Kaboul-Daws-Gallas-BAE if Hutton does happen to get injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Just saw on SSN that Rangers have accepted a bid from Birmingham for Kenny Miller.

I guess that would signal the end of their interest in Robbie.

Young forward Harry Kane has joined Leyton Orient on loan until the end of the season, from SpursOnSide.

• Advertisement

Graham Hunter (Sky Sports pundit for Spanish footy) said on Twitter that we're looking at getting Llorente... Looks like my dream from a few pages back might not be a dream after all (if Hunter is as reliable as Guillem Balague...)!!

Great signing if it does happen, him and Becks would be great together :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Graham Hunter (Sky Sports pundit for Spanish footy) said on Twitter that we're looking at getting Llorente... Looks like my dream from a few pages back might not be a dream after all (if Hunter is as reliable as Guillem Balague...)!!

Great signing if it does happen, him and Becks would be great together :P

He certainly has the physique for England and he's been getting the nod over Torres for Spain recently too let's hope City don't buy him up!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Bentley gone on loan to Brmingham for rest of the season, Morehttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/9349874.stm

Bently is meant to be on his way to Birmingham on loan

Harry said he's a Suarez fan but no bid has been made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

I had always loved to have bragging rights that the Ireland Captain played for Spurs but then I met him after a pre season game v Inter in 2006 and lets just say the surly image you have of Robbie you see in the media?
    Yep it's true. lol. Not a nice chappie at all around mere mortals.

funny you should use this as the time you met him. i met him the very same day after the very same match in the middle of high street outside the ground. no extra trains were added because it was a friendly and i was leaving white hart lane station cos a copper told me i had a better chance of getting one on the far side of the ground. i seen his jeep in traffic and ran over and got my jersey signed along with lots others and when i asked him to sign it i got a "no problem" and when i thanked him i got a "your welcome". couldnt have asked for more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

keane=cock wrote: »
    funny you should use this as the time you met him. i met him the very same day after the very same match in the middle of high street outside the ground. no extra trains were added because it was a friendly and i was leaving white hart lane station cos a copper told me i had a better chance of getting one on the far side of the ground. i seen his jeep in traffic and ran over and got my jersey signed along with lots others and when i asked him to sign it i got a "no problem" and when i thanked him i got a "your welcome". couldnt have asked for more!!

Did you write =cock after the signature? :pac:

Looks like Suarez is the no.1 target this month. Please let it work out.
    It has been revealed this evening that the Spurs boss Harry Redknapp is getting a late Christmas present from the Tottenham owner Daniel Levy as a reward for taking Tottenham to the knockout stages of the Champions League.
    Goal.com reveals tonight that Redknapp refused to buy the Ajax striker Luis Suarez from Ajax last summer when he was quoted 25m euros to prise him away from the Dutch giants, but now they are anxious for him to leave Holland after he was given a ban for biting an opponent and are now willing to accept 20m euros.
    Liverpool had also expressed an interest in Suarez, but with the upheaval at Anfield, Redknapp is hoping that he can get a clear rum at his top target and is expected to make an official bid in the next few days. With Kenny Dalglish back in charge at Anfield it remains to be seen if John Henry is willing to back him in the transfer market or just let him pull Liverpool out of relegation danger with the current players and strengthen the team next summer.

Goal has also spoken to a Tottenham source who has revealed: “Harry wants someone who can play up front alone and now thinks Suarez can do it,” a Tottenham source told Goal.com UK. “He is really quick, can score goals, hold the ball up, work hard, be busy and link up and play one-twos with Rafael Van der Vaart, Luka Modric and Gareth Bale. He is very aggressive and similar in many ways to Tevez.”
    Redknapp is certain that a deal will be concluded for Robbie Keane in the next few days to help towards the cost of bringing Suarez to White Hart Lane.

£20 million?? Surely that won't be enough. Thought myself the least he would go for would be £30m. If we got him at £20m that would be right up there with the VDV signing.

Is he cup tied?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

He.... bit someone?

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Is he cup tied?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Kold wrote: »
    He.... bit someone?

I don't care if he knifed a bus full of blind nuns if we can get him for £20m then I'll be walking on sunshine :)

Thats 20m euros which personally I think is a bargain.

Suaraz has a January buy out clause in his contract for 16.8m STG which sound like 20m euro so the figure is genuine.

He's a player I know very little about. I know he's scored loads in Holland and most Spurs fans would be happy to have him so he must be good. It would be nice to a top international goal machine on the books though, if that's what he turns out to be.

SuprSi wrote: »
    He's a player I know very little about. I know he's scored loads in Holland and most Spurs fans would be happy to have him so he must be good. It would be nice to a top international goal machine on the books though, if that's what he turns out to be.

He was the most infamous man in Africa after Uruguay beat Ghana last year, gave away the penalty in the last minute then celebrated when Gyan missed it. Scored some great goals in the world cup, the one against Korea was especially class.

I really hope we do sign a striker our current strikers don't seem to be doing the business regularly enough in the league

Just watching Napoli/Juve, 2 great headers from Cavani, we were mad after him apparently last summer after the WC.

• Advertisement

Bentley having a medical at Birmingham now

Advertisement