Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Vs Chelsea - Sky Sports 1 - 12.45PM -Saturday 25th Sept

• 24-09-2010 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Chelsea-Manchester-City-Make-The-Difference-P_2424605.jpg
    manchestercity.jpgVS chelsea.jpg

Carlo Ancelotti has named his side for Manchester City, and welcomes back most of his big names for the weekend's clash.
    Petr Cech, Branislav Ivanovic, Alex, John Terry, Ashley Cole, Michael Essien, John Mikel Obi, Ramires, Nicolas Anelka, Didier Drogba and Florent Malouda are the 11 he has chosen to maintain our 100 percent Barclays Premier League record, with Frank Lampard still absent following hernia surgery.

Big Match & Big test for Chelsea who have Maximum points so Far.

I'm Going with 2-0 to Chelsea - Florent Malouda & Essien :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

no point in the game really, sure mancini thinks the league is over

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/sep/24/roberto-mancini-chelsea-premier-league-title?CMP=twt_gu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Should be a cracking game, think we will win it 2-1. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Im gonna go with a win for ourselves and a 2 - 0 win at that, hope Drogba scores too, for a bet ;)

I want revenge for last year as Man City were the only team to beat us home and away in the league. Bad call by Mancini going into the game to say what he did, but Im going say its all mind games, either way, C'mon you blues, Chelsea Blues.

Who will be wearing Orange :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

I Agree, We need a Good start as we tough fixtures ahead of with Arsenal at Home & Villa Away.

An Early Goal will be crucial. Also With Citeh playing 3 DM's, they will be tough to break down.

I fancy Chelsea @ (-1) - 3/1 on Paddy Power :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Man. City have already lost this game, along with the title, according to Mancini!

Mancini concedes title to Chelsea

How sad, I doubt Mark Hughes would have given up so easily!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Man. City have already lost this game, along with the title, according to Mancini!

Mind games TBH, no manager worth there salt would honestly think this, especially so early in the season.

We (Chelsea) have made a great start but its a long season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Zabaleta - Toure - Kompany - Barry

Fair to say that'll be the City backline ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

*waves Man City flag*

Please stop the Chelsea machine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Vokes wrote: »
    Zabaleta - Toure - Kompany - Barry

Fair to say that'll be the City backline ?

Depends on Richards. Zabs will be left back if Micah's good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

He never said he conceded tomorrows game, he said Chelsea are the best team in the League and will prob. win the PL again this year. What he said is true.
    Chelsea are by far and away the best team in the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Hope ye don't mind me plugging this here, but there's a comp on BPF where you place three free bets in the comment section based on this game to be in with a chance to win a €20 free bet with Paddy Power (the prizes will get better soon!)

Details here, and here's where you enter.

Definitely worth it for the laugh, especially when its no cost to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Draw please.

With a few straight red cards if its not too much to ask. If I have to cheer for anyone I guess it has to be city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think City can beat them. Fngers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Think it mite be a severe revenge for last season. Kinda fear for city slightly. Hopefully its a good game and not dull and defensive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

This will be Chelsea's first real test this season, I expect City to be up for this, never easy to beat at COMS and we beat them twice last year with a weaker team, game on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

For a United fan, this is one of those games that just messes with your head. There's gonna be good where there is bad.

I'd be satisfied if City win though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Same thoughts here karma...............:)

Nervously optimistic as always:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Interesting game for an outsider, both teams similiar in how they were created yet one has players playing for each other and actually being a team and the other a disjionted bunch of decent players.

What i interested in is can Man Citys players play as a team and raise their team game to beat Chelsea. i think the city payers will play well.

So 4-0 chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

There is something about this City team, particularly the midfield, that makes me believe that they were going to do a Liverpool on it and cause the likes of Chelsea, United and Arsenal a lot of difficulties but drop points against weaker teams.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Interesting game for an outsider, both teams similiar in how they were created yet one has players playing for each other and actually being a team and the other a disjionted bunch of decent players.

What i interested in is can Man Citys players play as a team and raise their team game to beat Chelsea. i think the city payers will play well.

So 4-0 chelsea.

It was City who banged in 4 against them last season ;)

No way will any team put 4 past City this year, if you think that your definitely dreaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

karma_ wrote: »

No way will any team put 4 past City this year, if you think that your definitely dreaming.

I'm definitely hoping that's the case again this year as I've given the captaincy of my FF team from Drogba to Tevez and taken Terry off:eek:

Ooooooh, the nerves:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

karma_ wrote: »

Different team tho, having seen City this season. They are not in anyway shape or form a team. Great players indivuadally but collectively ****e.

Again it will be interesting considering the make up of boths teams. Altho kinda funny reading about poor citys injuries, they have 37 players ffs.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Different team tho, having seen City this season. They are not in anyway shape or form a team. Great players indivuadally but collectively ****e.

Again it will be interesting considering the make up of boths teams. Altho kinda funny reading about poor citys injuries, they have 37 players ffs.

New PL rules stipulates you must name a 25 man squad at the start of the season plus the main injury problems are in defence. The likes of Zabaleta and Richards are very average players. They have injuries up-front too but the fact Tevez is fit means its not highlighted as much, so ya they have an injury problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Depends on Richards. Zabs will be left back if Micah's good.

afaik, richards is definately out

is there no chance cunningham would be given a run or is it too big a game?

event wrote: »
    afaik, richards is definately out

is there no chance cunningham would be given a run or is it too big a game?

Ya looks like Richards, Boateng, Kolarov, Bridge and Lescott are all out in defence so big problem there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I think City will get slaughtered tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Hard one to call but chelsea are on very good form so I dont expect an easy match for Man City. Chelsea to win 2-0. Drogba and Malouda putting them to the sword.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Neutral who doesn't mind City or Chelsea, just hope for a decent game. Yaya Toure and Essien are two of my favourite players, hope to see them bashing into each other a good bit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

COME ON CITY!

runs and washes mouth out with soap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Very young bench for Chelsea Including 4 U-21's...Sturridge..Kakuta..Van Anoltt...Josh Mceachran.... Would Love to see Mceachran get some time but will more than likely only come on if were behind or in front.

Malouda to score first Pleaseeeeeeeee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

As a Liverpool fan i've got be up for Chelsea today. Have them gallop away at the top and push City further back. Ashley Cole is due a couple of goals.

Man City: Hart, Kompany, Zabaleta, Kolo Touré, Boyata, Milner, Barry, Silva, De Jong, Yaya Toure, Tevez.

Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Alex, A Cole, Essien, Ramires, Mikel, Malouda, Drogba, Anelka.

Is Boateng still injured? Will he be back soon?

Man City need to sit back and not conceed in the first 2 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Any streams? None in the other thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

lordgoat wrote: »
    Any streams? None in the other thread...

http://entertainmenow.net/channel1.php

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

MON CITEH!!

Let's play "the most overpriced player on the pitch".

Milner in with a shout for that.

• Advertisement

Ahh damn you Cech.

Let's play "the most overpriced player on the pitch".

Milner in with a shout for that.

Let's play 'Have an original dig at City'.

You lost already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Chelsea seriously lacking a right-sided player. Anelka and Malouda drift left but take a look when the ball gets to the right hand side of the centre and there's no options down the right. Drogba, Ramires, Mikel, Essien all central, Ivanovic too defensive to get on the overlap. Easy for City to clear.

This is leading to Zabaleta getting a lot of milage out of the left hand side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

City more than holding their own so far.

Boyata is a super prospect. Looked comfortable at centre half last season and now doing a job on the right.

Shades of Blackburn there for a second... Phew!!

Let's play 'Have an original dig at City'.

You lost already.

Well, it was a dig at both of them, to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Not a good game at all so far. Both teams would probably take the point, I'd say,

Phew! Thank god for Hart!

Boyata is a super prospect. Looked comfortable at centre half last season and now doing a job on the right.

Have to say i was Shítten it a little when i seen he was starting right back, not cause he's not a good player just the fact he was coming up against argueably the best left side in the league at such a young age. Been top notch so far to be fair!

• Advertisement
Advertisement