Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Vs Chelsea - Sky Sports 1 - 12.45PM -Saturday 25th Sept

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

standing ovation for the missing link ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Boyata for Boateng..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Milners been industrious but it hasn't really come off for him bit disappoiting!! Come on Boateng!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Well done Dedryck, you were superb.

Welcome Boateng.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Here comes Citys best signing in a while in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What number has Boateng on his jersey?
    Is it 71?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Boyata looked wrecked, god love him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

WTF Anelka? Lucky he was off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Ramieres is the biggest disgrace of a player to wear a chelsea jersey since kezman. end of.

Shame Chelsea didnt take that attitude with Malouda after 5 games ! ! :rolleyes:

Seriously, I know fans can be impatient with players trying to get used to a new league/team but thats ridiculous . .

mars bar wrote: »
    What number has Boateng on his jersey?
    Is it 71?!

Stop watching the game in the mirror.

• Advertisement

Never going to watch a big City match again in the library........People looking at me like I was mad hopping outta the chair every so often:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Drumpot wrote: »
    Shame Chelsea didnt take that attitude with Malouda after 5 games ! ! :rolleyes:

Seriously, I know fans can be impatient with players trying to get used to a new league/team but thats ridiculous . .

well, when he plays a decent game, ill change my mind, but he's the worst player I've seen since kezman on todays evidence and should have been off at half time.

IMO of course

Never going to watch a big City match again in the library........People looking at me like I was mad hopping outta the chair every so often:o
    The library on a Saturday!!?? NEERDD!!! :pac:

I can't watch

Nice diving by City :pac: Nani would be proud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well done to City (unfortunately)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

There is something about this City team, particularly the midfield, that makes me believe that they were going to do a Liverpool on it and cause the likes of Chelsea, United and Arsenal a lot of difficulties but drop points against weaker teams.

Boom!

It's over, thanks City.

That feels so nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Ah balls... FF already shít this week.... Roll on the Spurs match - COYS!

• Advertisement

Well, wasn't quite the slaughter as predicted by many!!!:p

Happy days for City;)

extra 30 seconds played . . Is that Ancelloti time ?

IvySlayer wrote: »
    It's over, thanks City.

No problem, ye might be able to do something with it unlike last year:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

They'll do OK against the big teams that actually attack, but they are such an unambitious side playing the counter attack at home with 3 DM's won't work against teams who are looking for a draw.

Well earned though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Great result for Arse and United.

Terrible result for Liverpool - no hope of a top 4 finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Feel dirty for saying this but.......well done City.

Still can't make sense of the decision to take Drogba off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Disapointed, but arse and plastic utd will have to go there still and will find it tough, they are difficult to break down are city tbf. Chelsea were not at there best.

Btw what a sh!t atmosphere until they scored, like a morgue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Well done Dedryck, you were superb.

Welcome Boateng.

Far from it could very easiely have been sent off, got lucky in the first half with 2 silly off the ball incidents, especailly the first one, wasn't impressed by him at all...

City played a good game, sitting back and hitting cheslea on the counter most of the game, but it worked, dont think they deserved to win a draw would have been a fairer result. Great finish from tevez for the goal but sillyness from chelsea from their own corner cost them the game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Referee was dreadful, he missed so many bad challenges and off the ball stuff from both sides.

City are just physically stronger at the back, I noticed that when they played Rovers. Kalinic was just owned by Kompany that day. Its something that will cause all the big teams trouble because that City rearguard has pace as well as strength and they can just knock the opposition off the ball legally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

City defense was seriously well organised. Don't see them winning them league though, not enough consistency going forward.

MacEachran has a sweet touch, only on the ball a couple of times but he made it look simple.

adox wrote: »
    Feel dirty for saying this but.......well done City.

Still can't make sense of the decision to take Drogba off.

Like M. Night Shyamalan, Ancelloti likes a twist . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i was impressed with City; they really are naturally set up for these big games against big teams.

their problem will come, IMO, against teams they're maybe more expected to beat, and the onus is on them to take the initiative.

excellent performance today though.

by the way, if anyone but de Jong gets MOTM, someone needs to be punished World Cup Final style. one of the players of the whole Premiership so far this year.

Far from it could very easiely have been sent off, got lucky in the first half with 2 silly off the ball incidents, especailly the first one, wasn't impressed by him at all...

City played a good game, sitting back and hitting cheslea on the counter most of the game, but it worked, dont think they deserved to win a draw would have been a fairer result. Great finish from tevez for the goal but sillyness from chelsea from their own corner cost them the game!

Constantly tested by an in form Malouda and Cole but still comes out smelling of roses, monster game for a 19 year old CB playing out of position. Can't believe anyone wouldnt be impressed by that! RIDIK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

SlickRic wrote: »
    i was impressed with City; they really are naturally set up for these big games against big teams.

their problem will come, IMO, against teams they're maybe more expected to beat, and the onus is on them to take the initiative.

excellent performance today though.

by the way, if anyone but de Jong gets MOTM, someone needs to be punished World Cup Final style. one of the players of the whole Premiership so far this year.
    I think Kompany doesn't get enough praise personally. He has been superb in the two games I've seen him in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think Kompany doesn't get enough praise personally. He has been superb in the two games I've seen him in.

i definitely agree.

a wonderful centre-half actually, and at a pittance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Steve McManaman is a very intelligent bloke. Regarding the Tevez celebration "You might as well wish your mum a happy birthday, wherever she is, probably hundreds of thousands of miles away". Where is she Steve, Pluto?

Constantly tested by an in form Malouda and Cole but still comes out smelling of roses, monster game for a 19 year old CB playing out of position. Can't believe anyone wouldnt be impressed by that! RIDIK

Unimpressed because he played a very Dirty game never like to see that in a player do you? He could have been booked for i would say 4 or 5 different challanges, silly challanges at that too!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

What that his style of play is similar to Wilshere?
    Ah I just thought it was funny how you said he could be England's best youth prospect and then used his similar ability to another English youth prospect to emphasise it!

I've had a lot of coffee

Unimpressed because he played a very Dirty game never like to see that in a player do you? He could have been booked for i would say 4 or 5 different challanges, silly challanges at that too!
    Silly challenges when ur 19 are going to happen, focus on the bad if u want, which is very little! But there is far more good than bad to take from his performence... Facht!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

kompany was immense. De Jong was on another level he was everywhere. Awful game though.

I think all the 'matey' crap that the African players enter into is effecting them in a professional manner. I think it takes the edge off them. It makesDrogba loose that natural animalistic energy he can have at times.
    I think Ancelotti needs to be having words with him about this. There is a time and a place to chat to your mates and the edge of a pitch before you enter into 'combat' isnt.

• Advertisement

You weren't impressed by a 19 year old playing just his second Premiership game against the best attacking side in the league that has been scoring goals for fun?

I see....actually no, I don't.

Ah I just thought it was funny how you said he could be England's best youth prospect and then used his similar ability to another English youth prospect to emphasise it!

I've had a lot of coffee
    Aye i get ya, but i honestly couldnt think of a more similar player, aaammm Stevie Ireland perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

You weren't impressed by a 19 year old playing just his second Premiership game against the best attacking side in the league that has been scoring goals for fun?

Would you have said that if the ref had done his job and given chelsea a penalty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I haven't been impressed by you for over a decade. You're not funny anymore. Show should have been canned in 2000.

I've already explained why i was unimpressed by him above!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Well done City, a very enjoyable 1 nil.

I still think they are too heavily reliant on Tevez but while he's fit, happy days. Fanto team looking good, Tevez goal and Yaya Toure assist.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Would you have said that if the ref had done his job and given chelsea a penalty
    Fact is he didnt, he remained on the field and was delightful... we're judging on performence here, take your could have's elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Chelsea came and attacked and City got a lucky break from a poor decision by Ramires. I think that they will do well against any team that tries to play football and win but will struggle against the smaller teams. Their only outlet seems to be the pace of Silva and Tevez. I can't see why he doesn't drop Barry and play Milner CM with Toure and move AJ or Tevez out right and stick Ade up front so they could try and win without getting a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

kompany was immense. De Jong was on another level he was everywhere. Awful game though.

I think all the 'matey' crap that the African players enter into is effecting them in a professional manner. I think it takes the edge off them. It makesDrogba loose that natural animalistic energy he can have at times.
    I think Ancelotti needs to be having words with him about this. There is a time and a place to chat to your mates and the edge of a pitch before you enter into 'combat' isnt.

Yes that's it of course. :rolleyes:

Nothing to do with City out muscling them. I mean, seriously........

MUSEIST wrote: »

It would have been one error by the kid in an otherwise vey assured performance.

He was very, very good and I don't see how anyone can think otherwise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement