Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subscription & Username Change

Options
  • 24-09-2010 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm just wondering if it would be possible for me to subscribe for the minimum length in order to change my username or is this kind of thing frowned upon?

Also, sometimes when I'm replying in a thread I type out a sizeable reply, then when I click "post reply", it says that my message was too short. Is this a problem for other users?

Thanks,

Dave

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I'm just wondering if it would be possible for me to subscribe for the minimum length in order to change my username or is this kind of thing frowned upon?
    That's no problem, you can do that.
    Also, sometimes when I'm replying in a thread I type out a sizeable reply, then when I click "post reply", it says that my message was too short. Is this a problem for other users?
    The only thing I can think of is to make sure you're not typing your reply inside the
    tags, as quoted text isn't counted in the length of the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

oscarBravo wrote: »
    That's no problem, you can do that. The only thing I can think of is to make sure you're not typing your reply inside the
    tags, as quoted text isn't counted in the length of the reply.

I've often had to refresh pages also due to them not loading. Could this be another reason?

Advertisement