Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My parcel was stolen by pikeys?

Options
  • 24-09-2010 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

I swear to god this is real..

p2goparcelstolen.th.png

EDIT: They seem to have fixed it now. Still no call from the manager at Parcel2Go. I'm guessing it was someone's last day at work and decided to have a joke.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Thats just so funny :D

Have you been in contact with them? It sounds like someone is having a laugh at your expense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

It's real alright

real (ly) fake!

You can even see the different shade of black and some mnior pixelation where the text that's supposed to be real is located
    I swear to god this is real..

p2goparcelstolen.th.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

No it's real. Here's my chat with them:
    Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Sarah'

Sarah: Welcome to Parcel2go.com online. How may I help you today please?

Ben: Hi Sarah

Ben: P2G4250137

Ben: Please go to this website: http://www.parcel2go.com/ie/TrackingList.aspx

Ben: and enter P2G4250137.

Ben: Let me know when you have done that

Sarah: There is a problem with our Irish site at the moment this is currentley being fixed

Ben: No no

Ben: go to that site please

Ben: I want to you to do it

Sarah: Can you give me a minute or two to look into this for you?

Ben: yES

Sarah: I will need to speak to my supervisor

Ben: Yes I think you jolly well will.

Sarah: I am ever so sorry Ben i have never seen this before. I will need to pass this to my Manager and she will call you

Ben: My number is +353xxxxxxxxx.

Sarah: Thank you very much. I cannot apologize enough Ben. I can assure you this is not normal practise for our company

Screenshot of chat:

p2goparcelstolenchat.th.png

They seem to have fixed it now. Still no call from the manager at Parcel2Go. I'm guessing it was someone's last day at work and decided to have a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

funny, this is what shows up when i check.... http://imgur.com/GiyJN

It's real alright

real (ly) fake!

You can even see the different shade of black and some mnior pixelation where the text that's supposed to be real is located

If you can see pixellation there then either your monitor is faulty or your eyesight is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

No it's real. Here's my chat with them:
    that seems to be a nightline tracking number not a fed-ex one so this is a real fake!

MacGyver wrote: »

Yup, they've just fixed it a few mins ago.
    foggy_lad wrote: »
    that seems to be a nightline tracking number not a fed-ex one so this is a real fake!

It is a Nightline tracking number.

Lads, believe me, I'm not faking it. Even I'm not that sad. Like I said, probably someone's last day at work and decided to muck around.

eh.....theres a Nightline logo right over where he's putting the tracker number in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

MacGyver wrote: »

hehe, trying out your new mac laptop.. were we

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

This_looks_shopped_.jpg?1255981330

Oh jaysus Cabaal...

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

I don't understand how you can think this is shopped it clearly isn't. From standing next to the man when he was talking to them and saw the site first hand. It isn't fake :P

Just setting the record straight.

Thank you train.

Sigh. Some people are so sceptical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Bored staff are having a bit of craic on the tracking system

It's Friday afternoon after all, people are unwinding for the weekend

Feck it, if I worked there I'd probably be doing the same sort of messing
    Ben: Yes I think you jolly well will.

You speak like a toff OP :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

this is total bulls*it!!!

couries use set scans with a set description of what it means.. even someone mucking about on their last day couldnt change that.

Bored staff are having a bit of craic on the tracking system

It's Friday afternoon after all, people are unwinding for the weekend

Feck it, if I worked there I'd probably be doing the same sort of messing

You speak like a toff OP :pac:

I am indeed somewhat of a toff.

Ha ha. Yes I agree, someone having a laugh. No harm done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

It's real alright

real (ly) fake!

You can't, it's just rendered incorrectly when viewed on that link. View it at full resolution and it's fine.

Very funny though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I'm guessing it was someone's last day at work and decided to have a joke.

Not necessarily in that order... :p

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I think it's amazing that the tracking number gave back any response other than "not found".

I've found parcel2go useless for tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

That's fairy amusing, but ... why would you get on get on to support? Why would you want a manager to call you? Why is this in Consumer Issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

How are you getting on with p2g?

I had a parcel lost by dhl that was arranged via p2g a few months back and their claims/customer service was a complete pile of gick!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

DYLF wrote: »
    this is total bulls*it!!!

couries use set scans with a set description of what it means.. even someone mucking about on their last day couldnt change that.

its amazing you seem to have so much knowledge of global tracking and CRM systems. EVERYTHING is possible buddy! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

a parcel company puts up the real reason the parcel has gone missing and everyone complains :D

They should be congratulated on their honesty.:p:p:p

(sorry - had trouble with an etnic nomadic Irish group of people last week helping themselves to some products witout paying) - Thieving b$stards

Just to update..

The parcel was actually delivered safely on 23/09 to it's intended recipient.

Lesley Kinley, Office Manager at Parcel2Go called me on Friday afternoon and said she owes me an apology and an explanation. She then told me that their "IT guys" have an unusual sense of humour. They are currently testing a new tracking system and put that text in to the system for testing purposes. However, it was supposed to be in a test system and not in the live system (so customers should never have seen it). But they made a boo-boo.

She told me that she, the "IT guys" and everyone else in the office thought that it was hilarious that a customer had seen their "test". Her voice sounded nervous, but I think she was trying to contain her laughter during her call to me.

Anyway no harm done. Just incredibly unprofessional, imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

It was hilarious :D
    I hope nobody got fired over it

It was hilarious :D
    I hope nobody got fired over it

It didn't seem like it, no..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Just to update..

The parcel was actually delivered safely on 23/09 to it's intended recipient.

Lesley Kinley, Office Manager at Parcel2Go called me on Friday afternoon and said she owes me an apology and an explanation. She then told me that their "IT guys" have an unusual sense of humour. They are currently testing a new tracking system and put that text in to the system for testing purposes. However, it was supposed to be in a test system and not in the live system (so customers should never have seen it). But they made a boo-boo.

She told me that she, the "IT guys" and everyone else in the office thought that it was hilarious that a customer had seen their "test". Her voice sounded nervous, but I think she was trying to contain her laughter during her call to me.

Anyway no harm done. Just incredibly unprofessional, imho.
    so she never thought about the serious side of it? you or others that saw their little joke could well be "pikeys" and the company could be in serious trouble over such a stunt!

• Advertisement

so she never thought about the serious side of it? you or others that saw their little joke could well be "pikeys" and the company could be in serious trouble over such a stunt!

I know. It's astonishing really. Parcel2Go have always had shockingly poor customer service standards in my experience, but this to be honest takes the biscuit. I think they're just a bunch of kids in an office. That's what it seems like anyway.

Advertisement