Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DLink DIR615 DD-WRT

Options
  • 24-09-2010 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just received one of these this morning and I put dd-wrt firmware on it
    (BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/04-16-10-r14289)

Easy to do, just browsed for the .bin file on the router's interface.

The only thing I'm finding wrong is that I can't get the wireless security working. I've tried WPA and WPA2 TKIP/AES and it keeps coming up unsecured network on my laptops. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

AntiRip wrote: »
    Any suggestions?

DD-WRT was always pretty insistent that you both apply and save changes before they'll work. Might be worth checking they're really taking effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Spear wrote: »
    DD-WRT was always pretty insistent that you both apply and save changes before they'll work. Might be worth checking they're really taking effect.

Spot on Spear thanks. You have to apply and save for settings.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

AntiRip wrote: »
    Hi

Just received one of these this morning and I put dd-wrt firmware on it
    (BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/04-16-10-r14289)

Easy to do, just browsed for the .bin file on the router's interface.

Did you find the correct file fairly easy?
    Im thinking of putting DD-WRT on my new Netgear WNDR3700 but found i was going around in circles looking for the right file.Im also half afraid incase it doesnt work out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Im thinking of putting DD-WRT on my new Netgear WNDR3700 but found i was going around in circles looking for the right file.Im also half afraid incase it doesnt work out.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Netgear_WNDR3700

There's a direct link the firmware image there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Spear gave you a direct link there. I did find it hard enough as my dlink 615 is a rev. D4 and there were links to D1/D2/D3/etc. I just scanned the forum for someone similar.

I've actually gone back to my trusted Linksys WRT54G as I found the dlink615 speeds up and download and certain apps on my iPod don't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭coolpix23

there's a better page now
    http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

Just type in three letters / numbers from the make model. But if you're buying a router to put dd-wrt on make sure of the make, model AND hardware revision.

Advertisement