Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BTWEA question, waiting time..

• 24-09-2010 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I've been looking into the Back to Work Enterprise Allowance as I'm currently on JBA and looking to start my own business. Have the security of the BTWEA would be a massive help to me in this. I emailed the Dept. Of Welfare through the welfare.ie site last monday to find out more info about the allowance and if I would qualify and provided my PPS number etc , but I've still not heard back from them. Does anyone know what the waiting time is to receive a reply? I'm really eager to find out about it

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fabricator

I have been on this scheme for almost a year and when I applied for it I had to go through a Facilator. You should find out who the facilator for your area is and she will help you along.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

ok cool thanks for that. another thing I haven't actually seen anywhere, is there a limit to how much you can earn while your on this or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PostHack

jrochie wrote: »
    ok cool thanks for that. another thing I haven't actually seen anywhere, is there a limit to how much you can earn while your on this or anything?

I'm 99% sure there is not.

To find out about the BTWEA just go to your social welfare office and they will give you more information. You will have to prepare a business plan (nothing too complicated) and meet with the facilitator who will decide if you get approved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

PostHack wrote: »
    I'm 99% sure there is not.

To find out about the BTWEA just go to your social welfare office and they will give you more information. You will have to prepare a business plan (nothing too complicated) and meet with the facilitator who will decide if you get approved.

On the Department's website it says:
    For more information, see information booklet SW 92 or contact your local Facilitator or the local Partnership Company. See details of addresses in Appendix 4.

You can also get information from:

Employment Support Services
    Dept. of Social and Family Affairs
    Shannon Lodge
    Carrick-on-Shannon
    Co. Leitrim
    Telephone: (071) 967 2698

According to your info, you live in Glenbeigh, so I'd say your local facilitator would be at Caherciveen Local Office, St Brendans Tce (066)9473440. Or you could contact the South Kerry Development Partnership, Old Barracks, Bridge St (066) 9472724.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

Hey again guys,

thanks for your replies. was into the social welfare office today to ask more about it, as it turns out I haven't been on the dole for long enough to qualify for the allowance.

I guess the County enterprise would be my next option.

Thanks again guys

• Advertisement
Advertisement