Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

comeonyouspurs.com

Options
  • 24-09-2010 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

I was going to sign up to it but its a lot of work
    first things first are any of u members (if so can i have a referance from u )please;)

secondly is it any good of a site

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

COYS isn't bad at all in fairness but From the Lane is way better :D

http://www.fromthelane.co.uk/FTL/default.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Personally I wouldn't touch COYS with a barge pole, but that's just me. There are a few posters on here who post there as well.

FTL is a great shout from Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Personally I wouldn't touch COYS with a barge pole, but that's just me. There are a few posters on here who post there as well.

Why mate ?

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Why mate ?

I don't like the fact that they chuck people off for not posting enough.

I don't like the fact that they don't chuck those people off if they make a "donation".

I don't like their tome-like code of conduct.

I don't like the fact that when I posted a link to here in my signature on COYS I got a PM from a mod telling me that they'd decided that was ok, but only because I had included a link to COYS in the FAQ thread here.

And I find a great deal of the regulars on there to be dull as dishwater.

I don't like the fact that they don't chuck those people off if they make a "donation".

Got ditched as well bout 18 months ago. Doesn't bother me as most of the stuff posted there ends up on FTL and vice versa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I don't like the fact that when I posted a link to here in my signature on COYS I got a PM from a mod telling me that they'd decided that was ok, but only because I had included a link to COYS in the FAQ thread here.

And I find a great deal of the regulars on there to be dull as dishwater.

Hhhm Interesting. I only registered yesterday, but might take your advice and give it a wide birth if that's what its like.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jmcc001

thanks lads im going to give it a miss and join ftl

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

COYS is fine, yes there are rules like all forums but none to excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

I can never get on ftl,keeps saying its closed.think coys is grand

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

I was on coys this time last year and i got into a mild exchange with a mod over Taarabt, basically i was saying he had potential and will play a part in the team in the future, stuff like that while the other guy was refuting everything i said. This happened on a Sunday night, i tried to log on the following night and to my surprise found that i was banned! Def wouldnt touch it again with a barge pole.

• Advertisement

marty2002 wrote: »
    I was on coys this time last year and i got into a mild exchange with a mod over Taarabt, basically i was saying he had potential and will play a part in the team in the future, stuff like that while the other guy was refuting everything i said. This happened on a Sunday night, i tried to log on the following night and to my surprise found that i was banned! Def wouldnt touch it again with a barge pole.

Sh1t like that happens all too regularly. Toe the party line, drink the kool aid, or else...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I think COYS is good, I look at it every day and it's a good source of ITK. I haven't been on FTL so can't compare them.

Andrew 83 wrote: »
    I think COYS is good, I look at it every day and it's a good source of ITK. I haven't been on FTL so can't compare them.

all of the ITK on COYS ends up on FTL and vice versa.

Any COYSers on here able to confirm the mods over there are removing any thread mentioning protests about the proposed move to Stratford?

Any COYSers on here able to confirm the mods over there are removing any thread mentioning protests about the proposed move to Stratford?
    yep and bans given out.

I registered on ftl but still says needs approval from admin.anyone on there know how long it takes

yep and bans given out.

Sweet fúcking Jesus...:rolleyes:

yep and bans given out.

a new low has been reached so. banning Spurs fans for discussing a Spurs related matter? unbelieveable :(
    I registered on ftl but still says needs approval from admin.anyone on there know how long it takes

usually a week or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 AtlantaSpur

...but site says "New registrations are currently suspended, please check back again later." Anyone know how long it will be like this or if this happens often? I am in withdrawal and don't want to miss the January transfer talk.

AtlantaSpur

...but site says "New registrations are currently suspended, please check back again later." Anyone know how long it will be like this or if this happens often? I am in withdrawal and don't want to miss the January transfer talk.

AtlantaSpur
    I registered with ftl ages ago still not accepted.:)

• Advertisement

that's unhappy news.

that's unhappy news.
    have you tried http://www.spursodyssey.com/forum

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I decided to join coys.com and apparently I need some one to vouch for me. If some one could do that for me that would be great, all you need to do is contact the admin with my user ID and ask them to accept my regisration, any takers??

THFC wrote: »
    I decided to join coys.com and apparently I need some one to vouch for me. If some one could do that for me that would be great, all you need to do is contact the admin with my user ID and ask them to accept my regisration, any takers??

The "some one" has to be a COYS member?

yiddo59 wrote: »
    The "some one" has to be a COYS member?

Oh ya, forgot to mention that, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

had registered for this site a while back, forgot about it ,great for updates re fixtures re tv etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Haven't been on any of those sites but Spurscommunity.co.uk is as good as any I'd say.

Yeah, here's their message: "New registrations are currently suspended, please check back again later."

I got in almost immediately a few weeks back thanks to the kind lads on this forum.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Christ i just looked at some of the rules. It sounds like more of a brainwashing asylum than a forum to talk about spurs. Seriously its a F**king forum and shouldn't have that many rules except the obvious abuse ones.

Advertisement