Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

comeonyouspurs.com

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

COYS is a different tpye of forum .. it has good points and and bad. What it tries to do above all else is maintain a certain level of respect for other fans and clamps down hard on name calling etc. Play the ball not the man is a sort of motto. It takes a bit of getting used to but after a while you adjust and actualy grow to like the athmosphere. Some of the other Spurs forums can have a real bad vibe with every thread turning into a slanging match. Probably the best ITK's post on there which is why its so popular and difficult to get into.

Re chucking people out if they dont post enough ... Well I think its fair enough to be honest. they are inundated with applications from people who want to join and they openly say that if you dont participate in being part of the community then you will lose your place to someone else. All you have to do is make 1 post every 2 days .. its not so hard. Also I think its fair that people who contribute money to the upkeep of site (which can be expensive) dont get chucked out. If no one ever left the site and no one new ever joined the community would remain static and probably become quite dull imo.

Dont know anything about people getting banned for starting threads about the protests but there is a 400+ page thread on the new stadium on there with one of the main organisers of the protests (who appeared on sky sports news) contributing regularly. Opinion leans heavily in favour of staying in WHL and I havent seen anyone getting banned for voicing that opinion quite strongly.

But at the end of the day its horses for courses .. I like it and spurscommunity .. dont like glory glory or spurs oddesey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Playboy wrote: »
    COYS is a different tpye of forum .. ..............
    But at the end of the day its horses for courses .. I like it and spurscommunity .. dont like glory glory or spurs oddesey.

COYS is the only Spurs site to my knowledge that looks for financial contributions. How come no one asks for contributions on any other sites?
    As for the ITK stuff once it appears on COYS a couple of minutes later its on Spurs OD, FTL etc. Also works the other way round with ITK stuff appearing first on FTL etc ending up on COYS.

As you correctly say horses for courses but I find COYS a but too staid for me, Very happy with this place and FTL!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I was on the site as a member for about six months but just found it too much.

Personally, I prefer a smaller site such as this one, where you can have your say, opinion, rant etc. and fellow posters actually take notice and interact.

I also enjoy reading some of the articles on Jim Duggan's Topspurs site but sure at the end of the day everyone has their own personal preferences.

yiddo59 wrote: »
    COYS is the only Spurs site to my knowledge that looks for financial contributions. How come no one asks for contributions on any other sites?
    As for the ITK stuff once it appears on COYS a couple of minutes later its on Spurs OD, FTL etc. Also works the other way round with ITK stuff appearing first on FTL etc ending up on COYS.

As you correctly say horses for courses but I find COYS a but too staid for me, Very happy with this place and FTL!

It doesnt ask for donations afaik .. they are voluntary. Other sites use advertising to raise funds .. COYS doesnt.

I know how the ITK spreads quickly across the sites but the best ITK's - POTL, Dragon1, Peanut etc all post on COYS .. I'm not sure if they would bother posting on other sites if COYS were to close .. probably because they dont get flamed when providing info.

RichMc70 wrote: »
    I also enjoy reading some of the articles on Jim Duggan's Topspurs site but sure at the end of the day everyone has their own personal preferences.

Shameless plug here as Jim is a friend of mine! Anyone who want's to do an article for Topspurs can do so by emailing it to nicolaberti at topspurs d0t com
    It doesnt ask for donations afaik .. they are voluntary. Other sites use advertising to raise funds .. COYS doesnt.

I know how the ITK spreads quickly across the sites but the best ITK's - POTL, Dragon1, Peanut etc all post on COYS .. I'm not sure if they would bother posting on other sites if COYS were to close .. probably because they dont get flamed when providing info.

Doesn't ask for funds but by contributing money you can avoid being culled? Much of a much to me!

re the ITK's dragon1 posts on FTL as well as for COYS. As for POTL while he's usually spot on with team news his record on transfers is very poor.

• Advertisement

Shameless plug here as Jim is a friend of mine! Anyone who want's to do an article for Topspurs can do so by emailing it to nicolaberti at topspurs d0t com

Doesn't ask for funds but by contributing money you can avoid being culled? Much of a much to me!

re the ITK's dragon1 posts on FTL as well as for COYS. As for POTL while he's usually spot on with team news his record on transfers is very poor.

I think thats fair enough to be honest .. if you get in then either contribute at least one post every 2 days on average or if you want to sponsor the site then you avoid being culled. Thats just my opinion ... its not my favourite site in the world but I dont think its as bad as some are making out.

Afaik Dragon posts his ITK nearly exclusively on COYS .. I have never seen a thread that links to a Dragon ITK on another forum. POTL nearly has 100% record on transfers... he is by far the most reliable ITK out there.

I think thats fair enough to be honest .. if you get in then either contribute at least one post every 2 days on average or if you want to sponsor the site then you avoid being culled. Thats just my opinion ... its not my favourite site in the world but I dont think its as bad as some are making out.

Afaik Dragon posts his ITK nearly exclusively on COYS .. I have never seen a thread that links to a Dragon ITK on another forum. POTL nearly has 100% record on transfers... he is by far the most reliable ITK out there.

100% ? :D 100% wrong more like! He is very entertaining though as are all ITKs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Prove it by asking the fcuker who the world class centre forward is that we will sign on 31st Jan ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The combination of the two leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

"Hey, you're not part of our community! Get lost!"

"Here's thirty pieces of silver"

"Well why didn't you say? Come right in!"

I always viewed the readership of COYS as like the users of the Wally Bus, packed lunches and laminated team sheets ahoy. Meanwhile other sites while more acerbic at times are more like a gang of lads beering it up in Newcastle for the weekend when we're away at Sid James' Park.

I'd much rather a weekend on the beer.

I think you might be confusing him with another ITK .. POTL is always spot on. Usually he is clear with his info but this window he has become cryptic so its hard to decipher what he means.

• Advertisement

The combination of the two leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

"Hey, you're not part of our community! Get lost!"

"Here's thirty pieces of silver"

"Well why didn't you say? Come right in!"

I always viewed the readership of COYS as like the users of the Wally Bus, packed lunches and laminated team sheets ahoy. Meanwhile other sites while more acerbic at times are more like a gang of lads beering it up in Newcastle for the weekend when we're away at Sid James' Park.

I'd much rather a weekend on the beer.

I really dont see that as being an issue to be honest. If you arent going to post then give someone else a chance to enjoy the board. It would be a bit weird if you have actively contributed money to the board and then the cull you .. but to be fair all the Sponsors are generally the most active members of the board

As to the readership .. well we all have our views and our preferences but I think you are really making an unfair generalisation.

I think you might be confusing him with another ITK .. POTL is always spot on. Usually he is clear with his info but this window he has become cryptic so its hard to decipher what he means.

Not confusing him with anyone else his transfer record is shocking though as I've already said his team news is usually on the ball.

Not confusing him with anyone else his transfer record is shocking though as I've already said his team news is usually on the ball.

ok m8 .. I'm notgoing to go back through all his itk for the last few season to prove a point so we will just have to agree to disagree.

ok m8 .. I'm notgoing to go back through all his itk for the last few season to prove a point so we will just have to agree to disagree.

Fine by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Raffo69

Just after trying to register for fromthelane. It says that registering is suspended. Does anybody know if this will be like this for long? That comeonyouspsurs doesnt sound great

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Raffo69 wrote: »
    Just after trying to register for fromthelane. It says that registering is suspended. Does anybody know if this will be like this for long? That comeonyouspsurs doesnt sound great

The bloke who runs FTL goes through phases of not being arsed, I'd say he's on one of them right now :D

Sorry can't be of more help.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Raffo69

The bloke who runs FTL goes through phases of not being arsed, I'd say he's on one of them right now :D

Sorry can't be of more help.

Cheers. I'll try anytime I think about it. Might get lucky

Advertisement