Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make a meal of this ! Help !

Options
  • 24-09-2010 4:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭

Broke till monday, I will survive over weekend via mammy but have very bland stuff in my fridge, ok here goes...........
    Head cabbage
    spanish onion
    few spuds
    eggs...lots of
    lidl gravy mix
    salt, pepper, oil
    and thats it...oh have a half jar of oregano stuff
    thats it really, would love some meat but no can do, oh a can of cider:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

I'd just make an omelette and some fried spud and cabbage and onion - not very exciting but its a meal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Cook the spuds and the cabbage, mash the spuds, serve with fried eggs.

Cook the spuds and slice. Fry the veg, then add the sliced spuds. Beat the eggs and pour over, cook into an omletty thing.

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

a basic spanish omlette is egg spud and onion. can be quite tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

I don't know if you have a local friendly butcher, but I do, and if I ask him for bones for the dogs, he cuts up nice beef marrow bones for me, free of charge. Now, I'm not saying you should lie about having a dog - who knows, you may have a dog - but you can make wonderful beef stock from roasted bones, which would be good in a cabbage and potato soup.

Advertisement