If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony STRDH800

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Mark_79.

Unfortunatley the Sony 800 has now totally Finished with ourselves with no more stock available :(
    Even the replacement Sony 810 has now became an instore only purchase due to very low stock levels.

Might there be another amp that would suit your needs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭mark_79

Thanks Kenny.

The Pioneer VSX-520-K looks pretty impressive for a budget amp and certainly seems to be according to the few reviews I've read. Is it in stock and can it be shipped to the Republic?

http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/pioneer/vsx520/pion-vsx520-blk

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Mark_79.

Unfortunately we don't have the VSX520 currently in stock. Stock on this unit is in Limited supply.

I Will check on Monday to confirm if I can get this into stock and get right back to you. Our main warehouse does not operate at weekends (Lucky Them) :)

Thanks Kenny. Have my fingers crossed. Btw, I also want a Jamo A102 HCS5 5.1 package (black). Could you check on that for me too please?

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/jamo/a102-hcs5/jamo-a102-blk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Mark.

The Jamo speaker packages are very short in supply and currently we are out of stock but we do have the Tannoy pack instead.

The Tannoy pack is slightly more expensive but you do have the benefit of the speakers having both a mid-range driver and a tweeter in the Tannoy's and the sound from that pack is fantastic.

This is only £20 more expensive than the Jamo and they are slightly bigger but in speaker terms, bigger is usually better.

Take a look and let me know what you think.

Cheers

Dave

• Advertisement

Thanks for the suggestion Dave but I really have my mind set on the Jamo's and that Pioneer receiver.

The speakers incidentally are going into a room measuring 8 x 12 x 16 so I can't really go overboard with them (sadly).

I'm not in an immediate hurry btw, I stripped back the walls in my place today and there is a bit of water damage that has thrown a spanner in the works.

I'm happy to wait a few weeks if it meant you guys could get what I want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Mark.

It's actually nearly the opposite.

The Jamo pack is actually coming to an end and it's unfortuantely about the Tannoy as it's actually in smaller rooms that it sounds much better than the Jamo.

If you would like to order either, drop me a PM with a contact number and I'll call you and you can let me know when you would like it for and i'll see if we can organise it.

Cheers

Dave

Just wanted to thank you guys for sorting me with my new toys, can't wait to try them out!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.