Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video shape recognition

Options
  • 24-09-2010 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi
    I was wondering is there a software package available that could recognise a shape from a video you run.
    Eg if i had a video file running, it would pick out say a triangle any time it appeared within the video. Preferably one that you could teach the shapes you are looking for. Or a company that might do this sort of work.
    It is for a project Iam working on. So any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

OpenCV is a popular computer vision (that's the general field you're talking about here, for future reference) library, AFAIK it has functionality that will help this sort of thing;
    http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/

I think "shape classification" is what the particular problem is called, Google should turn up plenty of research on the topic.

Re companies, there are quite a few I think, though mostly they work in security/defense, medical imaging, etc, and aren't likely to be either cheap or accessible.

Advertisement