Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you take up a nerdy hobby to pull a particular man/girl?

• 24-09-2010 5:13pm

Here's the situation. (Hypothetical)

You met someone you had a good time with, through someone you both know but neither are in contact with anymore, she has a hobby, and taking up this hobby (example, airsofting, or Role-Playing games) with her is the only way you'd get the chance to spend time with her.

Would you? Even if the hobby was the complete opposite end of your interests? (e.g. taxidermy, and you're a vegetarian. Or Militaria, and you're a pacifist.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

You met someone you had a good time with, through someone you both know but neither are in contact with anymore, she has a hobby, and taking up this hobby (example, airsofting, or Role-Playing games) with her is the only way you'd get the chance to spend time with her.

Would you? Even if the hobby was the complete opposite end of your interests? (e.g. taxidermy, and you're a vegetarian. Or Militaria, and you're a pacifist.)

I'd pretend to be interested for a bit. Then I'd gradually try and move our shared interest from 'the hobby' into 'having sex with me'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

No.
    That's a bit creepy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

i would only go as far as liking ridiculous facebook groups.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I would literally walk over hot coals for vagina. Is taking up a horrible hobby worse than the usual spending €€€ on the one you love?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Cut to the chase. Take a picture of your willy with your camera phone and send it to her.

New hobby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

That sounds like going to extraordinary lengths for the sake of someone when a quick 2 minute phone call asking them out would suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Yes, it's one of the many many things I'd do for sex ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,817 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If you don't like what she does why force yourself into it?

What you could do is hand her off to an actual nerd that will share her interests :)

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Cut to the chase. Take a picture of your willy with your camera phone and send it to her. us.

New hobby.

FYP.

OP send us a picture & we'll tell you whether you have a chance or not.
    Hurry now, I hear it's to get chilly tonight & you have to look your best.

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    That sounds like going to extraordinary lengths for the sake of someone when a quick 2 minute phone call asking them out would suffice.

Remember, this is hypothetical. The only peice of information you have about contacting her, is that she's going to (insert hobby event) on (insert specific date & time).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Soley for sex? That's a bit... bad isn't it :P

But no, I wouldn't.

If I had a general interest in the area, sure. I like playing role-playing video games so I could see myself taking up playing pen and paper ones but only if it was to get to know a girl. I doubt I'd use it for sex.

Perhaps I'm still in the closest...
    Remember, this is hypothetical. The only peice of information you have about contacting her, is that she's going to (insert hobby event) on (insert specific date & time).

Now if that's what you meant, I see no problem with it. You're just going out of your way to meet someone.
    Of course if it's something that disagrees with my beliefs, I wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Remember, this is hypothetical. the only peice of information you have about contacting here, is that she's going to (insert hobby event) on (insert specific date & time).

You could go to the event and say you were curious about 'THIS MYSTERY HOBBY'. Or someone gave you a ticket.

Or you could try finding more information about her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I would do anything for love, but I won't do that.

So you're asking would any of us stalk someone we fancied?

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Go once and get her number. You don't need to take up the hobby in question surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Nerdy hobbies are not problematic for me.

Snakeblood wrote: »
    Or you could try finding more information about her.

Again, it's a hypothetical situation. So the *only* way you find out *anything* is to do the hobby.

And it doesn't have to be just sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Go to any nightclub tonight and you'll see loads of fellows doing their best to pull with....dancing.

So, yes it is common practice for men to engage in activities that they really couldn't give two sh*ts about for a score.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I wouldn't start going to church just to bump into a guy I liked or anything insane like that.

Otherwise it would be hard for my hobbies to get any nerdier anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Seosaimh77

Hell yeah - I'm not saying that I'd do it forever, but I'd give it a go once anyway. You might like it even if you didn't think you would beforehand...plus, anything that makes sex more likely is a good idea!!

• Advertisement

Heheh, loving the tag.

Ok, 2nd question- have any of you taken up a hobby because your OH was doing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Ok, 2nd question- have any of you taken up a hobby because your OH was doing it?

I took up beating the absolute crap out of people when I found my OH doing it with the milkman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

No, if you do that she'll ride some other dude, what you need to do is pretend to not give a **** about her or any of her interests

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

No, I wouldn't play tiddlywinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

it's all relative.

some hobbies are worth perusing for female attention, others aren't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

johnn wrote: »
    No, if you do that she'll ride some other dude, what you need to do is pretend to not give a **** about her or any of her interests
    You gotta slap her around a bit if you really want her.

Edit- humour fail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

id do it no bother for the laugh, if good times are had - grand, if they aren't... sure fcuk it.... maybe shes having a good time and thats all thats important cause i know my good times lie ahead...

or you could just bash her over the head with something have and drag her into the gave for some snoo snoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

spinwar6_dobbie_mark_400x3051.jpg

I for one would like to welcome Mark to the forum, just ask dobbie out and get on with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement