Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions please Ridley

• 24-09-2010 5:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone got any opinions on Ridley Compact bikes, specifically this
    Looking at getting this from a local(ish) bike shop.
    They are currently not on the shelves yet so finding a review on it isn't easy.
    Just wondering has anyone who has experience with Ridley bikes got some views.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

8.8kg is not a bad weight for aluminum bike, never heard of the company making the wheels but im sure loads of other boardies have .. it looks the part anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Havn't heard a whole lot about 4za myself but anything iv seen online seems to give favourable reviews.

Maybe some other boardsies may have input on the 4za stuff too.

This is to replace my entry level bike a bought in last few years.

I have one, as well as a Ridley Orion. Both great bikes. The compact is very stiff, as stiff as aluminium bikes get really, it's a real race bike. The downside of this race oriented design is narrow tyre clearance (can't put 25s on it) and possibly a harsher ride.

The frame on mine cracked at the dropout but it was replaced under warranty quibble free. The new frame had a sightly different dropout design so I guess this was an issue they came across more than once.

The fuss free manner in which they dealt with the warranty replacement was one of the things that swung me in the direction of buying the Orion rather than a PX.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Thanks for that JamesL85, think im swaying towards goin for it.

Is it an easy bike to clock up the km's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 edge500

4ZA is Ridleys own branded aftermarket stuff . You will find that the bars , stem,saddle etc are all 4ZA. The wheels are probably on a par with fulcrum 5's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement