Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone doing History...

• 24-09-2010 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Dunno if everyone knows about this already, just thought I'd put it up here just in case. There's a new documentary series just after starting on TG4, called 1916 Seachtar na Cásca, and it basically tells the stories of all the leaders of the Rising. Watched the first episode last night on Thomas Clarke and thought it was really good, and it gives you a great feel for the time and stuff. It's half in Irish (subtitled) so you're getting a bit of Irish study in there too :p

Anyway, its on at 9.30 every Wednesday night if anyone is interested.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Cool. Thanks. How are people getting ready for the documents question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

pathway33 wrote: »
    Cool. Thanks. How are people getting ready for the documents question?
    You can just learn off essays for them sure. The essay titles are very nice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭loudog

I agree...I watched it too and really helped and was surprised on how much irish i picked up..=P

Documents...I'm all out on Coleraine but then again the dpt might think that everyone is just studying Coleraine and put Sunnigdale on again since there's so many possible questions on it...

Best of luck to everyone anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Dunno if everyone knows about this already, just thought I'd put it up here just in case. There's a new documentary series just after starting on TG4, called 1916 Seachtar na Cásca, and it basically tells the stories of all the leaders of the Rising. Watched the first episode last night on Thomas Clarke and thought it was really good, and it gives you a great feel for the time and stuff. It's half in Irish (subtitled) so you're getting a bit of Irish study in there too :p

Anyway, its on at 9.30 every Wednesday night if anyone is interested.:)

Interesting. Must keep an eye out for that, I know the leaders of the rising but it'd be nice to but stories to the faces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 aingel

Ya I saw the one on Plunkett. It was really good :)

Oh god we havnt even started our documents yet :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement