Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

watching ufc 119

• 24-09-2010 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

guys stuck in halls at uni over in england..anyone got any websites where i can watch the event?..was going to download sopcast but not sure how to use it cheers for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

You can watch it on UFC.com after you pay for it.

Linking or requesting links to other sites that may show the event illegally is not allowed on this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

dunkamania wrote: »
    You can watch it on UFC.com after you pay for it.

Linking or requesting links to other sites that may show the event illegally is not allowed on this forum.

Is this just an MMA forum rule or a boards rule as on the Soccer forum links get posted all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Dug up this old thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055506985&page=5
    The very last post is the important one and I am curious if this only applies to the soccer forum?

LOL SNAP scudzilla!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 irishdownhiller

...sorry i didnt realise i could watch on my laptop..anyone any idea how to set it up? i remember trying before but was only available in america

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Its the way we have always modded the MMA forum. We will discuss with the ubermods, and see how best to procede. until then, business as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

links to streams in rugby forum are fine as well

I can remember in all the in show threads people were asked for streams and were given them. Can't remember anyone being told off for discussing streams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Maybe the issue with ufc streams is because Zuffa are a little bit litigious? Dana loves him some suing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

If you have ever been in a card thread around the time on an event, there's streams all over the place, just go on here at the time. The best streams come from veetle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭The Belcher

guys stuck in halls at uni over in england..anyone got any websites where i can watch the event?..was going to download sopcast but not sure how to use it cheers for any help

PM'd you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

scudzilla wrote: »
    Is this just an MMA forum rule or a boards rule as on the Soccer forum links get posted all the time

If it's illegal we cant support it, thats obvious in fairness, they will be removed and people will get infractions for putting up illegal streams..

ps, unless Dunamania gets other instructions of the admins..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Is this a new rule then? I don't remember anyone getting infracted for posting streams for any recent events

Fozzy wrote: »
    Is this a new rule then? I don't remember anyone getting infracted for posting streams for any recent events

Dunk is getting confirmation on it, but as i said-if it's illegal then it goes without saying we can't support it. Nothing new there, maybe we did not realise illegal links where used in the past, as far as i know the UFC site is the only legal stream you can watch UFC events from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

cowzerp wrote: »
    if it's illegal then it goes without saying we can't support it.

When I was pro wrestling mod I never allowed streams but they do allow them there now. Soccer always has links to streams for nearly every match. I thought it went without saying but the situation on other forums here means that it doesn't

Fozzy wrote: »
    When I was pro wrestling mod I never allowed streams but they do allow them there now. Soccer always has links to streams for nearly every match. I thought it went without saying but the situation on other forums here means that it doesn't

What happens there is none of my business man-if legal action was taken there it would not affect me.. There mods would have to answer for it i suppose..

Anyway as i said-Dunk will get back to us on it, i never allowed illegal links though so it's nothing new to me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Rickson1

Dude, just type in 'ufc 119 video' to google and see what happens.
    As im aware, google ain't an illegal link so I can say that. Don't see the problem with watching fights the day after on websites.

Rickson1 wrote: »
    Dude, just type in 'ufc 119 video' to google and see what happens.
    As im aware, google ain't an illegal link so I can say that.

Agreed, more people need to use there own initiative and just hit search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

would ya do yourselves a favor and stop talking about what happened in other threads in the past....that way the mods may not notice it if it happens again

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭MonkeyBalls

didnt read the replies. download sopcast, it's reliable

Advertisement