Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Networking issues

Options
  • 24-09-2010 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, i'm using a belkin G+ router in my home, i wasn't the one who set up the home network so i ain't too spiffy with using routers. But anyway, my dad set up his new pc with windows 7 64bit and the usb belkin adapter isn't working at all.
    We tried a bunch of different drivers and settings etc. So i've decided that we should just buy a wireless network card (pci)

So my question is, would a pci card be compatible with the belkin router? or is there restrictions that i'm unaware of. Was lookin at something like this on pixmania

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

No it will be just fine, no hidden dangers at all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

marco_polo wrote: »
    No it will be just fine, no hidden dangers at all. :)

<--- :confused:
    Can mods be sarcastic? Cause i want you to be sincere lol :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I can edit my post to say "Yes that pci card be compatible with the belkin router" if you prefer. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Nah, that's cool, i'll order it so, thanks for your help :)

Advertisement