Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jure Robic killed in accident

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

sorry to hear that, some man, RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

Sad news.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I was reading up about and his interesting mad training methods.
    Sad news. RIP.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

Tragic news. In the nicest sense of the term, the man was off his head, but a brilliant athlete. Perhaps a combination necessary to win RAAM, or perhaps a consequence (the first part at least). RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Sad news!
    I was watching a few YouTube vids about him only a few days ago. Incredible competitor! Apparently he spent an average of 22.5 hours a day on the bike during RAAM :eek:.
    R.I.P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

‘‘I find motivation everywhere,’’ Robic says. ‘‘If right now you look at me and wonder if I cannot go up the mountain, even if you are joking, I will do it. Then I will do it again, and maybe again.’’ He gestures to Mount Stol, a snowy Goliath crouched 7,300 feet above him, as remote as the moon. ‘‘Three years ago, I got angry at the mountain. I climbed it 38 times in two months.’’
    Incredible character RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭rughdh

Very sad news, indeed. Sožalje družini. Počivaj v miru.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭paddyduc

Sad news. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

This really is tragic news.

He was, in my mind, the king of ultra-marathon cycling.

I'd spoken to him before about the Race Around Ireland and he was very eager to compete in it. His schedule didn't allow it this year but next year was looking like a strong possibility. Would've loved to have met the man in person.

I'd urge people to check out some of his vids on youtube to get a feel for what he was able to put himself through.

He was a true legend. Not just of ultra-cycling or cycling in general but sport and human achievement.

He'll be sorely missed.

Advertisement