Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circumcision

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

yawha wrote: »
    Also, in nearly every circumcision thread I've read online, I've seen circumcised guys get extremely defensive of their circumcision
    What?! no, there's nothing wrong with me. I'm perfectly normal.... How dare you say.....;)

Seriously I can't say I've really thought. If it comes up in conversation I'll just let slip that I have an abnormally large penis and the foreskin was too tight.

Oh and I'm sceptical regarding data purporting to show suggested hygeine benefits (lower risk of HIV etc) of circumcision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

yawha wrote: »

Also, in nearly every circumcision thread I've read online, I've seen circumcised guys get extremely defensive of their circumcision, and yeah, you don't really see many circumcised guys arguing passionately against it, but I think the reason for this is obvious enough. Most guys will be reluctant to argue for something that might imply that their penis is defective, or suboptimal.

It's a tough one tbh. Personally, while very much against the idea of routine infant circumcision, I don't want to make circumcised guys feel bad by arguing against it.
    How kind.

I think what's going on here to some extent is guys who are not circumcised coming down on the "my cock is superior" approach, which to be honest is just silly because in fact both circumcised and uncircumcised penises have their benefits to their owners. And I say that as a non circumcised guy, not that it should matter.

This is literally just one pathetic dick competition.

Advertisement