Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change of new gun onto an existing licence

Options
  • 24-09-2010 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi,

Does anyone have the correct answer to this as clearly my local garda station does not. I want to change my current firearms certificate from the shotgun which is on the license to a new shotgun(I have traded in the old one) One garda told me is the FCA 2 form another told me FCA 1 and another told me bo form need to be submitted. Anybody have the correct answer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 bruman

If I can piggyback on this question - I'm looking to change my .270 to a .308. Not sure which form should be used. As I am changing calibre should I be using form 1 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ArseLtd

As far as i know you need the fca1. There is a substitution section in the fca1. It should be simple just to swap like for like.

However swapping one caliber for a differant caliber requires a new application.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You need an FCA1 and fill in sections ;
    • 4 (Whichever part applies to you)
    • 5 (if you are using the firearm for hunting)
    Any other sections do not need to be completed in cases of substitutions.

FCA2 are for amending any personal details, errors to already issued firearm certs or for the cancelation of firearm certs. I have done 4 of these using this method and never had a probelm.
    bruman wrote:
    ............. - I'm looking to change my .270 to a .308. Not sure which form should be used. As I am changing calibre should I be using form 1 ?

FCA1 for new applications or substitutions.

Whether you can substitute or not is up to your Super.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

ezridax wrote: »
    You need an FCA1 and fill in sections ;
    • 4 (Whichever part applies to you)
    • 5 (if you are using the firearm for hunting)
    Any other sections do not need to be completed in cases of substitutions.

FCA2 are for amending any personal details, errors to already issued firearm certs or for the cancelation of firearm certs. I have done 4 of these using this method and never had a probelm.

FCA1 for new applications or substitutions.

Whether you can substitute or not is up to your Super.

As ezridax says above.
    It should be quick enough to get done as it's only a change on the Pulse system. It took one working day for a sub license to go through for me, in to FO Wednesday evening 9pm and the new license arrived in the post on the Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

ArseLtd wrote: »
    As far as i know you need the fca1. There is a substitution section in the fca1. It should be simple just to swap like for like.

However swapping one caliber for a differant caliber requires a new application.

Correct on both, I just changed my shotgun during the week Fca1 you are only substituting a firearm ie like for like, it will tell you on the form what to only fill in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Can someone tell me if there is a cost involded in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

No cost involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

As with most things in this ****e system it depends on your Super unless it is an exact same calibre swap eg .22lr for .22lr :rolleyes:

If you want to change from .22lr to .22 WMR they could charge you €80 again :(

Advertisement