Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone here ever been caught under-age drinking?

• 24-09-2010 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Has anyone here ever been caught under-age drinking?
    Any funny stories?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Ever been caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

yes - lots of times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Yep been caught a few times:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Nope, my mate got stopped by the police one though after getting a train to a party.

They opened up his bag, looked inside and broke their bollocks laughing, handed it back to him and said "Have fun, kid".

He looked at the front of the bottles.... 'Non-alcoholic'. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

I don't think I ever was. I somehow always managed to be off taking a piss or at the shop when my friends were caught.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

yep, and went to court and closed a nightclub cos of it :D
    Wasn't a popular bunny after it but twas the bouncers fault for letting me in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Nope, it was your fault for drinking underage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,817 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

caught? it was a frikken retired cop that let me do it in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Yeah, the bleedin' guards caught me and the lads drinking Dutch Gold in the field, ya know da field, when I was 10. Bleedin' sh'mad so we were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭I Love Cheese

Not by the fuzz. But I was thrown out of pubs and stuff when friends were having 18th's but that was only by the bouncers.
    After I turned 18 , 4 months later we finished the leaving cert and were drinking in a primary school before going into town, the guards were called, we ran out around the front, saw them along the road outside, we ran back around the back of the school and back out the front, I grabbed the nearest girl I could find, tossed my drink in a bush and walked out with her, 2 seconds later my friend sprints down the school driveway and gets taken into the station and everyone else gets away scot free. It was fun. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Underage drinking is for wimps.

I much preferred underage sex, gambling and drug use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Nope never was and never will be now that I am over age :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭el oh el

yeah, was in germany back then, but we got off scott free as the police man accidentaly ("sorry im extremely stressed") hit one of my mates. He offered not to tell on us if we didnt tell on him :D oops i just did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Caught by the Gardai. No funny stories as seeing my mother cry doesnt really tickle my funny bone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭ananas

Regularly, used to go bushing all the time. Not a Friday night would go by without pegging it up fields and milling yourself on gates. So much more fun than being civilised in a pub!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Had a few minors against me when i lived in the US. One of my mates brothers got fined because me and his brother were drinking in the bedroom. Two other friends has been there earlier and one of the girls got caught drunk by her parents. She called the police and they knocked on the door. The poor fellas brother had no idea what we were doing in the room. He had been smoking weed in the living room. He was lucky the police knocked on the kitchen side otherwise they would have smelled it. America is mad strict for that ****. My last fine over there was when back on holidays and i was 2 months away from 21. Had been drinking for years by that stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Nope, it was your fault for drinking underage.

Nope, as a minor I didn't have the mental capacity to realise what I was doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Any of ye with experience of the USA?

A girl was telling me once she was leaving a bar one night with a bottle of Bud in her hand and was fined for drinking in public, realy on the doorstep of the bar.
    It's taken very seriously. She wasn't even seen drinking from it, I suppose just a bit drunk and she never left it down before she walked outside.

Some many use a paper bag to carry their open drinks. You see this on TV shows a lot.
    Is that why they use a paper bag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Yep a few times, Gaurds just made us pour out the open cans and they put the un opened ones i'm sure in storage:rolleyes:

Asked for names and address and i always gave an actual address and name of someone i didnt like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 charliemidrif

one time i lol'd with chemicals from school trying to make a treat for Halloween but in the ensuing rush to get pissed drank some acid and got violently sick all night and when i thought the worst was gone went home, got sick allover my brothers bed when my dad was putting me to sleep. naturally my bro never touched the drink after that all thick yellowy sick stunk his bed out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

something similar happened my sister,cops brought the hotel/nightclub to court,think it got thrown out
    orourkeda wrote: »
    Underage drinking is for wimps.

I much preferred underage sex, gambling and drug use.
    :eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

yeah gardai just pour out cans, and my mother / father didnt really care as i didnt get absoulutly hammered, (getting sick, stomach pumped etc...) just polluted/mouldy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Knacker drinking, those were the days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Yep. Cops found me asleep on a bench in town when I was 15. I should explain that I got the crap kicked out of me by a middle aged Knacker about an hour earlier. As they were driving home, I begged them not to leave me outside my house as my mum would kill me. They said they would let me walk in myself but they had to see me enter my house. So I walked up the drive way like a drunken ninja, put my key in the door as silently as possible and tried to creep up to bed. Just then my little sister ran in and ratted me out. Was not a proud day for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Where I drank when I was young was known to local Gardas and they'd usually do a check 1-2 times a night every weekend. Fun part of the challenge was trying to get your cans done before they'd come :pac:

It's not as if it's a serious offense, only know 1 guy who's ever gotten in trouble as a result and that's because he started abusing the Garda. Most of them don't give a ****e anymore, they'll usually just take the cans and tell you to go home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Been caught buying drink under age...lets just say the guards attempt to get the shop's licence revoked was an utter joke afterwards..not fun..at all..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cooltown

Yes! It was by a doctor in a hospital. I was at home one night with a few friends and my mam was in the living room. She didn't know what we were doing but we weren't drunk really. So we were messing and I jumped up n my bed and bounced off it and fell on the floor. I broke my hand. I was in loads of pain but I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth and used loads of mouth wash and went up and told my mam I slipped and she drove me to A&E. I was first meet by a nurse and she asked me what happended and I told her most of the story and everything was grand and then I got my x-ray taken. Then it was off to the doctor to read it and he asked me what happened and I said something different by mistake and the nurse had written down what happened so He then looked at my eyes and he smelt my breath and he knew I was drunk. Since I was 16 at the time. He couldn't really tell my mother. So he sked me who was with me and I said I was by myself and then he felt sorry for me and he tought I was at home drinking by myself and he started giveing me all these information sheets about drink and my depression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 charliemidrif

cooltown wrote: »
    Yes! It was by a doctor in a hospital. I was at home one night with a few friends and my mam was in the living room. She didn't know what we were doing but we weren't drunk really. So we were messing and I jumped up n my bed and bounced off it and fell on the floor. I broke my hand. I was in loads of pain but I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth and used loads of mouth wash and went up and told my mam I slipped and she drove me to A&E. I was first meet by a nurse and she asked me what happended and I told her most of the story and everything was grand and then I got my x-ray taken. Then it was off to the doctor to read it and he asked me what happened and I said something different by mistake and the nurse had written down what happened so He then looked at my eyes and he smelt my breath and he knew I was drunk. Since I was 16 at the time. He couldn't really tell my mother. So he sked me who was with me and I said I was by myself and then he felt sorry for me and he tought I was at home drinking by myself and he started giveing me all these information sheets about drink and my depression.

doomsday scenario alright ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I've not been caught as such. Back when we were 15/16 I was usually the purchaser. Anyway I was meant to be buying for a load of mates one day but wasn't around when they called for me, so my gimpy 15 year old mate decided to try his fake ID. He couldn't go to the Tesco next to where they were because not long previously he had asked someone to buy drink for him and it turned out to be the store manager. :pac: So he went to the other Tesco and stocked up on vodka, gin and cans. Few days later anyway the result was on the front of one of the local papers, a 14 year old girl had a half bottle of gin and had to go to hospital. Lucky enough escape for me but the full story was even better. Two Gardaí happened upon them not long after the girl initially passed out and asked who bought the drink for them, my mate decides to tell them he did and handed over his fake ID. I doubt they even believed it was his real name because it's almost as bad as Neville Neville. So he was arrested and was left in an interview room while one of the Gardaí had his mother in floods of tears about how he had committed fraud and it was his fault the girl was in hospital. :pac:
    Luckily that day I was in a house out in the country drinking 30-odd bottles of Stella. :pac:

Advertisement