Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJ Shadow

Options
  • 24-09-2010 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭

I've been listening to this fella for years, delighted to hear he's playing in Galway
    But I have never met anyone else who really listens to him, barr a mate in the states
    Anyone here listen to him or going to the gig?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Mustn't be meeting the right people then! I have been at one of his gigs (EP 2006) but can't make the gig. My two brothers and friends of mine have been on about this gig for a while now. Lucky folk going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Think it's €35, still have to get my ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

There are a good few fans in the Music forum as well, must check if anyone's going. If I were on Irish soil, I would be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

only heard of him the other day doing metallica one and day that never comes mix with kanye west...:(

Off topic but DJs have taken over Galway city nightlife, I miss the great gig scene town had a few years ago

I'm a blow in but when I hear people talking bout thin lizzy and rory gallagher playin in leisureland...ah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

magentas wrote: »
    only heard of him the other day doing metallica one and day that never comes mix with kanye west...:(

Off topic but DJs have taken over Galway city nightlife, I miss the great gig scene town had a few years ago

I'm a blow in but when I hear people talking bout thin lizzy and rory gallagher playin in leisureland...ah

This is DJ Shadow on form

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Pity this clashes with the Mudhoney concert. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Cant make it going to wales and tbh I'm completely sickened about not being able to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭xdeletiax

magentas wrote: »

the chemical brothers @ leisureland back in the day...

shadow will be brilliant. saw him a few months ago in dublin, amazing live show.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

dj shadow played galway years ago in with UNKLE. was a great set. saw him twice since, in the olympia and at EP a few years ago. im a big fan and i have to admit that i was disappointed both times. anyway ive tickets for mudhoney in roisins and when that finishes i might wander up to the radisson and see if i can catch the end of the show. the audio/visual side of it might be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Oh Man, Shadow is such a legend. He is actually in the Guinness book of records for introducing - as it was the first album ever recorded with a sampler only:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 cath_murray

Dj Shadow is savage!!! Going to be a good gig...unsure about the venue though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Well he's also playing the Savoy in Cork, which is also a sh*t venue. I would go but money's tight and I felt I had more chance of catching him some other time than I did of MF DOOM.

DJ Shadow is pretty decent. Always felt that Endtroducing was a pretty overrated album though. He's not obscure at all, I'd hazard a guess that your friends don't really know much about music.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭japanesebanana

The radisson is a great venue, it'll be in the old nightclub. One of the best venues in the west tbh.

Anyways, tickets are €25 in NUIG if you are a student :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Nononolan

As much as I like Dj Shadow and Unkle its hard to know whether the sound would get lost in translation live.

Advertisement