Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brand-name fins vs knockoffs

Options
  • 24-09-2010 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

FCS-branded fins tend to cost 60-100 quid or so whereas no-brand knockoffs can be had for a tenner on eBay. Is is acceptable to cheap out on buying fins, or would these generic knockoffs result in a noticeable performance hit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭glide

they are all the same ****! some can be a bit more flexy than fcs
    all my ding repairs are fcs failures says alot for the system should be renamed as F@##ing Crap System!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Jomob

The price of fcs fins is actually laughable!

It never ceases to amaze me how much bull**** can flow from a surf brand marketing department.

Have ye seen the ads for all these new technology boardshorts! haha what a load of cock. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

Have used the entry level FCS fins (the G series, G8's I think) and have also bought generic copies of this FCS series for a fraction of the price and I have noticed no difference.

But tbh, I find it very difficult to notice any difference between subtle changes in fin designs. I think fin setup (if you have the options available on your board i.e. quad, thruster, single etc) make a far more dramatic and distinguishable difference in performance.......

Advertisement