Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Boards FIFA 11 Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Keno 92 wrote: »
    I presume you can only be in one club again this year?

AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Parawind wrote: »
    This year clubs will be run a little differently, this is to try and keep everybody happy. There will be 2 clubs, a main boards club that anyone can join and a second more competitive club. This will allow everyone to play together in the main club and have fun and should also keep the more competitive players happy too.

The main club will be set up first and the competitive club will be started later on. Everyone can join the main club and players from the main club can be selected to play for the competitive club. The club Managers will assess players at the main club and ask a player if they want to play for the competitive one.

Note: Please don't pester the Club Managers asking to join the competitive club

Club Managers:
    Parawind, cactus mac88, Lamposts, Marksrfc

Club Rules
    1. Play your position. ie: If your a CDM don't be making the strikers runs.

2. Treat each other with respect, we don't mind banter and a bit of slagging, but just keep in mind there is a line.

3. Remember its a team game so pass it to other players.

Please post your gamertag here if you want to join the club.

Squad:
    *So i can keep track of gamertags to add*

Wow...where was this 4 months ago lads :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Wow...where was this 4 months ago lads :P

Well you see while this was being discussed 4 months ago some people got impatient and left the club to start their own :eek:. So to avoid something like this happening again and try to keep everyone happy we are setting this out at the start this year. Of course anyone who left the club last year is more then welcome to come back and play for the competitive club should they so wish.

Well you see while this was being discussed 4 months ago some people got impatient and left the club to start their own :eek:. So to avoid something like this happening again and try to keep everyone happy we are setting this out at the start this year. Of course anyone who left the club last year is more then welcome to come back and play for the competitive club should they so wish.

I hope this includes Rumble as well! LOVE THAT MAN!

The same people who left to rise to top 20 in the world :D

• Advertisement

And i was very pleased to see that, like i said this was to avoid a similar situation again.

Are you Storybud in disguise?

Lamposts wrote: »
    Are you Storybud in disguise?

No, if I was you would be beating me in Boards Fifa World Cup Finals.

Still looking for a Padawan for Fifa 11

No, if I was you would be beating me in Boards Fifa World Cup Finals.

Still looking for a Padawan for Fifa 11

Oh you! I'm still waiting on my purple lightsaber in the post btw.

Club Managers:

Current Squad:

Mikeyt086
    Samsecs
    The Floyd P
    seanog18
    AAA TarmacBoy
    corcaigh07
    DjDigitalMoose
    Flyin Irishman
    Dowdus Maximus
    GrandeCapaChino
    macken 2k10
    Carefree Ste
    keysersoze1988
    TuneTuneTuner
    gregGH91
    ulongtime69
    VVV BoYLeR

• Advertisement

SOME FANTASTIC NEWS FOR CLUBS!!

1. NO Custom Club Formations - Only for offline and 1v1s - You can only choose default formations for club, I guess it goes hand in hand so we won't see 6 - 7 defenders in a formation anymore

2. Dressing Room - There are no more 3 rooms - It's simple, you pick your formation and the position and wait until an opponent decides to play you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I read a review and it says for your Virtual Pro you pick a position at the start, we should be able to see how many GK's, Defenders, Mids and Strikers we have from the club menu and im sure there is some flexibility with where you can play but it will be interesting to see the balance of positions we find ourselves with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Friday can't come any quicker, looking forward to getting back into the clubs scene!

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I'll sign up if possible. I'll be around here quite a bit from Friday onwards I'd imagine.

GT : VVV BoYLeR

Primarily a winger (either side) but I'm effective up front or as an attacking midfielder. I'm particularly good at crosses for some reason! Used to set up quite a few headed goals when playing clubs on Fifa 10.

I was top 100 in the world on singles for a long time on Fifa 08. 3rd in the world on Euro 2008 until I stopped playing. Top 300 on Fifa 09 and hovering around the top 100 on Fifa 10 until I quit playing and was quickly overtaken. I'm better at singles than clubs but might be a handy addition to the squad. :) Can't bloody wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

72 hours 58 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

x PyRo wrote: »
    I'll sign up if possible. I'll be around here quite a bit from Friday onwards I'd imagine.

GT : VVV BoYLeR

Primarily a winger (either side) but I'm effective up front or as an attacking midfielder. I'm particularly good at crosses for some reason! Used to set up quite a few headed goals when playing clubs on Fifa 10.

I was top 100 in the world on singles for a long time on Fifa 08. 3rd in the world on Euro 2008 until I stopped playing. Top 300 on Fifa 09 and hovering around the top 100 on Fifa 10 until I quit playing and was quickly overtaken. I'm better at singles than clubs but might be a handy addition to the squad. :) Can't bloody wait!

some man for the horse tips :D

if he is as good at clubs as he is at giving tips on horses, it will be a great great signing

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Town Man wrote: »
    some man for the horse tips :D

if he is as good at clubs as he is at giving tips on horses, it will be a great great signing

haha cheers mate.

It'll take me a bit of time to get back into the whole Fifa scene again, quit playing it due to being in college but now I'm back and saying bye-bye to life again. :pac:

Long live the days of Euro 2008 freezing mid-game and leaving the xbox on for 2 days until my opponent quit out. :D

Looking forward to meeting you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

How many people are picking this up friday?..Be good if we could get a few games on the Saturday night at least :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Alright lads, I'd be up for this, I'll probably play as a CDM or RWB again this season. Be good to get playing with ye again.

Gamertag - Arciphel.

Counting down the hours till Thursday night ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

I'll join again this year. I should be online most of friday playing it

GT: bonescap

• Advertisement

Soby wrote: »
    How many people are picking this up friday?..Be good if we could get a few games on the Saturday night at least :)

I definitely will even and i'd say quite a lot of the clubs players will be getting it on day one (if not sooner).

Club Managers:

Current Squad:

Mikeyt086
    Samsecs
    The Floyd P
    seanog18
    corcaigh07
    DjDigitalMoose
    Flyin Irishman
    Dowdus Maximus
    GrandeCapaChino
    macken 2k10
    Carefree Ste
    keysersoze1988
    TuneTuneTuner
    gregGH91
    ulongtime69
    VVV BoYLeR
    Arciphel
    bonescap
    TeenageMicrobe
    Kirk The Dog
    Ramjaxed
    niallish
    Primitoid

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I'd be up for this!

Gamertag - TeenageMicrobe

Prefer playing anywhere down the left really, but not too fussy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Stick my name down aswell. :)

Only played clubs for about a week at the start in Fifa 10 but 1v1 is where my heart lies (unless I grow to love this). Il probably only play in the more relaxed club rather than the competitive one.

Just wondering how it works? Most people on here will probably want to be the striker or attacking sort of player. What happens if everyone is an attacker? Say I create my pro and hes a 5ft 8 tricky forward and we have only one 6ft 3 CB, will some of us have to go and create pros designed for specific positions?

Dont really mind where I play to be honest, id probably be better at attacking but then again clubs could be a whole different thing to 1 v 1 and I could be terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

joe123 wrote: »
    Stick my name down aswell. :)

Only played clubs for about a week at the start in Fifa 10 but 1v1 is where my heart lies (unless I grow to love this). Il probably only play in the more relaxed club rather than the competitive one.

Just wondering how it works? Most people on here will probably want to be the striker or attacking sort of player. What happens if everyone is an attacker? Say I create my pro and hes a 5ft 8 tricky forward and we have only one 6ft 3 CB, will some of us have to go and create pros designed for specific positions?

Dont really mind where I play to be honest, id probably be better at attacking but then again clubs could be a whole different thing to 1 v 1 and I could be terrible.

Assuming the lads manage the club similarily to fifa 10, each player will, over time, reveal their favoured postions. usually there will be a high demand for the striker roles and its up to the club managers really to decide who is best for which position on a match-to-match basis. So for example this year lamps was usually up front (Or in the ANY position with a striker position left empty for his pro), this was because he was better than any1 else (especially bud) at this position.
    Having said that, if you are looking for your chance in a position that is taken, the positions will often rotate, particularily on less competitive matches (lower rated opponents), and depending on who is online at any given time. but I'd imagine rotation will happen more often in the casual club, as opposed to the competitive club.

So basically its up to the CM's but I can tell you that in the casual fifa 10 club everyone got a good few games in pretty much whatever position they were looking for

So for example this year lamps was usually up front (Or in the ANY position with a striker position left empty for his pro), this was because he was better than any1 else (especially bud) at this position.

Thanks for inflating my rather massive ego. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

I thought you'd appreciate that ;)

I thought you'd appreciate that ;)

You're my new fav person. :)

Irishman hit the nail on the head there, we will try to give everyone a chance in their prefered position. People will naturally favor the attacking positions but i'm sure everyone will understand that there is going to be a full squad of 32 players at the club so not everyone can be a striker. If people would like to try out other positions at the start that would be great as they may find they enjoy the defensive positions too.

I myself was a winger last year, then as peoples positions changed i moved to a CAM role. I also became a pretty solid CB when needed. At the start of clubs when numbers are going to be very high people need to understand that we will most likely have a full 11 so people will have to be centre backs etc, but we will rotate so everyone gets a fair shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Stick me in please lads.

GT: Ramjaxed

I'll play any defenisive roles, prefer CDM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

add me aldo please
    GT :niallish

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement