Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxis in dublin this weekend

Options
  • 24-09-2010 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭

Would it be hard to get a taxi this weekend from the city to the Aviva. Going to the Michael Buble concert tomorrow. Will probably get a taxi from the city. And afterwards I am hoping there will be buses into the city from the Aviva. I am absolutely terrified of Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I am absolutely terrified of Dublin.

Why? Pub stories? You are far more likely to get in to trouble in Tip town or Tuam to be honest.

It's perfectly safe, it's a big gig, there will be crowds walking the short walk to and from the middle of the city. There will be lots of taxis too, you won't have any problems on the Dart either, get off at Lansdown Road, ask anyone which side to stand on, they will help you out, or simply just ask someone if they are going to the concert and ask to tag along. Are you staying in Dublin overnight? Need any advice as to what to do on Saturday? Might soften your attitude to your capital.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭mikeystipey

Would it be hard to get a taxi this weekend from the city to the Aviva. Going to the Michael Buble concert tomorrow. Will probably get a taxi from the city. And afterwards I am hoping there will be buses into the city from the Aviva. I am absolutely terrified of Dublin.

don't worry, even with big events on its never a problem to get a taxi in Dublin these days. And get the dart back as Rambo says, otherwise you'll be sitting in traffic watching that lovely taxi meter ticking over ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

I am absolutely terrified of Dublin.

Don't be. I was the same when I moved up to the city centre about 7 years ago but soon learned that I was grand once I kept my wits about me, same as I would in any town. Infact, I genuinely feel safer walking around most of Dublin city than I do in my own hometown now.

Re: taxis. There are far too many in the city so you'll not have to wait long to find one at all but you will be sitting in traffic for yonks.

The DART really is great and you'll fall into a gang with lots of other concert-goers so if you give it a try, you'll find plenty of people able to help you out. The good thing about the DART is that it's very basic in terms on the lines on it so you kind of can't go wrong. The nearest station to the Aviva is right beside it and called Landsdown too so you can't go wrong. From the city centre, you can get on at a heap of stations including Tara St. and Connelly- both of which will be well staffed at that stage.

If the bus is an option, you can get the 4 or the 7 from outside Jury's (brain freeze- isn't it the D4 Hotel now?). The fare will be €1.60 each way, you'll need exact change. Just get on, pop it in the slot next to the driver and ask for city centre. You could even ask the driver to shout when you're at the stop you need and chances are he will.

Don't be afraid, Dublin's not *that* scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Don't get a taxi if you are going Saturday night. The traffic was insane in the surrounding areas. You would be quicker walking from the city centre, honestly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

Just make sure you don't walk alone and always keep your ph concealed in your hand with the local garda station on the ready on speed dial.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

get the dart to landsowne road from any city centre station heading south

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

baaaa wrote: »
    Just make sure you don't walk alone and always keep your ph concealed in your hand with the local garda station on the ready on speed dial.
    Get out of that will ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

"A caller at this hour? You dial 9-1, then when I say so, dial 1 again.."

MilGrandma.jpg

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

OP, ignore these people. Clearly all thieves trying to get you to let your guard down :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

And beware of the Wallet Inspector!

But in answer to your question, there are more taxis in Dublin than people these days so you should have no problem hailing one down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement