Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blacklisting

Options
  • 24-09-2010 8:24pm
    Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭

Long story short, I post on another forum, this power crazed mod has said he has my IP address and is reporting me to eircom and maybe more, due to abusive language.

Was an argument between us, verbals followed etc. Yet he has went down a terrible route, he says he filed a report about it to eircom and he added things that I did not say.

I'm very worried yet skeptical about what will/could happen and what I can do? It isn't even my own computer...:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If he does, Eircom will likely have a good old giggle and then press either the Delete or Disconnect button. There is no basis for an upholdable complaint unless you did anything to break Eircom's T&Cs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

DB10 wrote: »
    Long story short, I post on another forum, this power crazed mod has said he has my IP address and is reporting me to eircom and maybe more, due to abusive language.

Was an argument between us, verbals followed etc. Yet he has went down a terrible route, he says he filed a report about it to eircom and he added things that I did not say.

I'm very worried yet skeptical about what will/could happen and what I can do? It isn't even my own computer...:(

It does seem a bit extreme what he has done but then again what exactly happened between you two only you know. I'd be surprised if you hear anything further, surley they could just ban you and your IP from the forum. It sounds like a power trip to me.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

If he does, Eircom will likely have a good old giggle and then press either the Delete or Disconnect button. There is no basis for an upholdable complaint unless you did anything to break Eircom's T&Cs.

What are the T&C?

I was thinking abusive language may be one of them. Anyway, I dont know how it could be proved since I deleted most of the posts and PM's that contained foul language.

I only ask because I've never heard of anyone being cut off/blacklisted by eircom and can't find any info on it!?

Anyone know about it happening to someone? Wonder what is the procedure...? As you can see I'm preparing myself for the worst....:(

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Vanbis wrote: »
    It does seem a bit extreme what he has done but then again what exactly happened between you two only you know. I'd be surprised if you hear anything further, surley they could just ban you and your IP from the forum. It sounds like a power trip to me.

Yeah I thought that was the usual procedure, never knew they could do this....:confused:

It makes no sense to me, I mean there is alot more places on the internet that seem to live with swearing and even racism etc like on youtube the comments section.

Yet I could get cut off for this...:confused:

I regret what happened of course but I cant turn the clock back, just worried tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I wouldn't worry too much, I think you'd have to do a lot worse than verbal abuse of some mod before the ISP would care. I won't list the options here, but lets just say the law enforcement types would probably be interested too at that stage ...

The mod may try to ban you from his forum, but ... IP's and usernames don't last forever !

• Advertisement
Advertisement