Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection to UPC wireless on a Wii

• 24-09-2010 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all

Got myself a Wii, and am getting an error when I try to connect wirelessly.

The wii can detect my router, etc - I enter the password (correctly as far as I am aware) and I keep getting the same error message (51330).

According to nintendo's website, its a problem with the password, however I am near 100% certain its correct. Has anyone else experienced issues connecting the Wii to their router wirelessly and if so any ideas what I can do to resolve this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Maybe obvious but when you say password, you mean the UPC wireless password and not the Wii password? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭ph3n0m666

paulm17781 wrote: »
    Maybe obvious but when you say password, you mean the UPC wireless password and not the Wii password? :)

yup I meant the upc password :)

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

ph3n0m666 wrote: »
    yup I meant the upc password :)

check you havent entered the first letter as a capital (assuming youve set it in lower case)....sometimes the first letter you enter on certain clients is a capital by default then reverts to lower case for the rest of it

this is a common mistake when entering passwords.

check you havent entered the first letter as a capital (assuming youve set it in lower case)....sometimes the first letter you enter on certain clients is a capital by default then reverts to lower case for the rest of it

this is a common mistake when entering passwords.

yup password is all lower case and entered as lower case too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

It looks like you have entered the wrong security code
    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/errors/results.jsp?error_code=51330&system=Wii&locale=en_US&action2.x=12&action2.y=19
    I just got upc broadband the other day and all I did was turn off the flood protection and enter the code and it worked :D

• Advertisement

aye all is well now - i didnt enter the wrong password - d'oh!!!!

Advertisement