Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear Plugs

Options
  • 24-09-2010 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hey All.
    Can somebody advise me on good ear plugs for night clubs?

I was in the foundary, carlow this Wednesday, and the music level was way too loud. I still got ringing in my ears 2 days later. I just can't take it any more.

I still want to enjoy occasional night life, but I am not prepared to give up my hearing for it.

Are there any clear not noticeable, yet effective ear plugs out there?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

The best "cheap" (around a fiver for a small box of about eight) ear plugs are "Quies" wax plugs, available at chemists. They are a fleshy colour and not easily noticable. If you can afford them, then I'd recommend musician's custom moulded ones. A mould is taken of your ear for a snug fit. They have interchangable filters depending on how much sound you want to keep out. The good thing about these is that the sound is not muffled, but the volume is lowered. They are expensive, ( around 200 euros ), but worth it in my opinion.

Advertisement