Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pink Cat In England

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

:eek:

speechless......

why? I just don't get it

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

bagpuss was his hero

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

People (mostly Americans) dye their pets different colours all the time, you can even get animal friendly dyes. Thats the only thing I thought of, "I hope thats animal friendly stuff" apart from that, hope its not a male!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Maybe the Cat Wanted too be Pink.

The cat didn't had any say in this

I'd love to get my hands on the little gob****e who did this, the poor cat must be traumatised!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Animal friendly dyes? Don't all cats spend the best part of their day licking themselves? It would want to be very very very non toxic for it to be ok to dye a cat.

• Advertisement

tman wrote: »

I'd love to get my hands on the little gob****e who did this, the poor cat must be traumatised!:mad:

Bit much for someone who dyed a cat. I used to dye pigeons using cake dye so I knew which were mine. Didn't harm them in the slightest. The only thing the cat is suffering from is a drop in it's street cred. Don't see how dyeing it is any worse than a wash tbh. The multiple washes they gave it to rid it of the dye would have been worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

pigeons don't lick themselves do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Dante

I think it looks good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

What if this was done intentionally by the owner, who may have wanted a pink cat, and the person who contacted the RSPCA found it on it's nightly ramble in his garden and simply assumed the worst?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Animal friendly dyes? Don't all cats spend the best part of their day licking themselves? It would want to be very very very non toxic for it to be ok to dye a cat.

http://www.wordpress.tokyotimes.org/?p=497

I wouldnt do it myself but these are animal friend, i would assume they wash out immediately

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭vandammaged

She does not look traumatized in the video.

She people do crazy stuff to cats all the time.

Shave them.

Clothes for them.

The list goes on.
    tman wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Am I the only one who actually see's nothing wrong with this? :confused: Putting clothes on an animal restricts it's movement, shaving an animal for fashion purposes makes it hard for the animal to control it's body temperature, tattooing an animal for fashion purposes (and not ID purposes) is unnecessarily painful, what does dyeing an animal cause it? So long as the dye is non-toxic and it doesn't run into it's eyes or cause skin irritations I don't see what harm it does. Cats don't see colour the same way we do so it probably doesn't even notice it, and saying that it's losing it's street cred or manhood (if it's a male) is just applying human qualities. :D
    The actual putting in of the dye might cause stress in some animals but as with baths if a cat doesn't want it then it just doesn't get done end of story (anyone ever tried to wash a cat that doesn't want to be washed :D). If anything by the rspca trying to wash it off it is causing more stress.

It looks like a professional job, someone has taken the effort to avoid it's eyes, nose and mouth and applied the dye evenly all over. Id say it's someone's pet who's been stolen by someone who thought a pink cat is cool and then dumped it when they no longer wanted it, or when they realised that the pink is just dye and it's not a naturally pink cat which they could've bred and sold pink kittens for hundreds. :( Hopefully this was the case and an owner comes forward soon, at least it has a very distinguishable colouring! :D

To say that whoever dyed the cats deserves this, that and the other done to them is just over the top, save that sort of punishment for the type of people who dump cats in bins and put fireworks in dog's mouths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

I guess I just don't understand why you'd want to dye your cat or dog. Mind you I don't understand putting clothes on animals either beyond protecting against cold etc.

I wonder about the odour of the dye, would it make other cats view him differently, if he's allowed wander will be become more of a target (not counting his dip in street cred :D). Cats and dogs rely on their noses so much that something like a foreign odour could make a big difference to their perception of another.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Zapperzy wrote: »
    To say that whoever dyed the cats deserves this, that and the other done to them is just over the top, save that sort of punishment for the type of people who dump cats in bins and put fireworks in dog's mouths.
    I think it's a stupid thing to do but I agree with zapperzy, there are so many cases of cruelty going on for people to get annoyed about. Yeah the owner is a bit silly, but there are much much worse owners out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Yobs dyed cat pink then threw it over a fence

The Telegraph make it sound like a war crime. The animal doesn't look like it was abused, I doubt it knows the ramifications of being pink and the associations humans make and so long as the dye process isn't harmful (they were careful to avoid its eyes) I don't see why the big fuss. If it WAS a 'yob attack' then I'm glad they didn't use old car oil, glue or acid. The most likely dye is a bottle of red food colourant which can be bought in any corner shop.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

''She added: "Pink has been dyed very evenly and the person has taken care to ensure it did not get in her eyes or mouth so I think it may have been done professionally.''

So professional groomer 'yobs' are stealing cats, dyeing them pink and throwing them over fences? :confused: The whole article contradicts itself by calling whoever done this a yob and then going on to say it was probably a professional that done it! :confused: Why would your average yob go to such lengths to avoid her eyes and mouth?

I believe dyeing pets is a big thing over in america and china, if this were to happen over there they would just be looking for the owner of a pink cat, not calling a witch hunt for the 'yob' who dyed a cat pink.

Comparing it to the woman who threw a cat in a bin and to the case where a cat was nearly crushed when it was trapped in a bin is just completely OTT in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

We used to buy maggots (for fishing) near Roosky, and the place had a bright pink cat - spent too long near the dyes (the rotting meat is dyed red to produce red maggots).

Oh and the cat's owner showed up
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1315554/Natasha-Gregory-dyed-cat-pink-match-hair.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭vandammaged

RSPCA trying to get head lines.

But in the end of the day people will give her hassle after all this.

The papers of started this thing now on animal cruelty if it sells papers they will report anything.
    pH wrote: »
    We used to buy maggots (for fishing) near Roosky, and the place had a bright pink cat - spent too long near the dyes (the rotting meat is dyed red to produce red maggots).

Oh and the cat's owner showed up
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1315554/Natasha-Gregory-dyed-cat-pink-match-hair.html

Advertisement