Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 'Where to buy/Price comparison/Who will sell it early' thread.

Options
  • 24-09-2010 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭

Where are you getting you copy of FIFA 11 next Friday, 1st of October?

Im thinking HMV as it is €45 and comes with a free FIFA 11 Jersey if you preorder.

Xtravision im sure will be giving away those footballs that arent fit for a dog to play with, although I have a mate who works in an XV so may be able to get me one around Wednesday.

Any good offers going around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

When I was in Glasgow last week, I was going through a paper and saw that it was £25 in Blockbusters. I imagine it will be 35 in Tescos again this year. Although I'm not sure I want to wait until Friday to get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Im getting mine GS on thursday hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

wednesday, :(
    might go hmv for the jersey, what are they like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Money is tight so will have to wait till friday to see if tesco do a good deal on it, not bothered bout getting it early or that. Gamestop are selling it for €50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

I have a €60 gift for all voucher. The only place that seems to take it which also sells games is Argos, I've never bought a game from there so just wondering will they have FIFA for Friday?

• Advertisement

Not much chance of getting it early unless you know someone who works in a shop.

Xtravision have stopped doing it nw, i got Uncharted 2 and FIFA 10 on the Thurs night, loads were coming in getting it and the other shops were losing out on the uncollected pre-orders and must have complained as they wouldnt give anything in any of the shops here the past few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Well i assume Tesco are going to do the same deal as previous years of €35 on day one. I'm sure some of the shops with break the release date on Thursday evening like last year.

If i can hold out for one night i'll go for the Tesco offer, but thats a big "IF".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

huge fooking IF, you telling me that fifa 11 is in front of you Thurs, you wont buy it!?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

I have it pre-ordered in xtra vision hopefully they will be doing a midnight opening :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

James_LWAU wrote: »
    I have it pre-ordered in xtra vision hopefully they will be doing a midnight opening :p

If they do, Dundalk will be one of the stores, thankfully the one I work in won't and never will be.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Why don't shops break release dates?

I've read loads of peoples opinions on this (so im not looking for speculation) and I'm not asking the question in the "oh what b@stards, they have the game, why cant they sell it to me" way. I just mean, whats the implications on a retailer breaking the release date? Fines, sanctions, future stock implications? Anyone have any proof on what the result is if a shop sells it earlier than the release date?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Why don't shops break release dates?

I've read loads of peoples opinions on this (so im not looking for speculation) and I'm not asking the question in the "oh what b@stards, they have the game, why cant they sell it to me" way. I just mean, whats the implications on a retailer breaking the release date? Fines, sanctions, future stock implications? Anyone have any proof on what the result is if a shop sells it earlier than the release date?

I remember for FIFA 07 it was a Friday release, on Wednesday I rang up Gamestop in Bray and asked if they were selling it and they said "Yes." So I strolled down and bought it.

But it seems in the last few years stores are much more tight on selling early. If one shop breaks release then I think they all can, but im sure there is some sort of fine involved for breaking the date.

Does my nut in knowing that all shops have them in by Wednesday and just leave them sitting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

ill be trying xtravision again this year as they started selling around 6 or 7 last year after someone else started selling earlier. i'll try harvey normans first though, i'm after getting lucky with a few games there, they seem to just put the games on the shelf when they come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,120 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Its out over here tomorrow but hard to find stores that will stock it for PC

mailrewop wrote: »
    ill be trying xtravision again this year as they started selling around 6 or 7 last year after someone else started selling earlier. i'll try harvey normans first though, i'm after getting lucky with a few games there, they seem to just put the games on the shelf when they come in.

Ya i think they got warned over it since then though. I along with many others had it pre ordered and got a phone call about it a few days later, and your man from Gamestop seemed to know that it was Xtravision as he mentioned it in a way that signified they were told off loads who preordered they didnt need it now as Xtravision sold it early.

I wasn't able to get any games the past few months in any of the Xtravisions here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Anyone know if Argos will have it on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

*.....*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Any word on a tesco price/deal yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Big Mouth

Well my thread got deleted.....think we've sold out of PS3 now only Xbox left!!! Sorry Mods!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭halolma

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Where are you getting you copy of FIFA 11 next Friday, 1st of October?

Im thinking HMV as it is €45 and comes with a free FIFA 11 Jersey if you preorder.

Xtravision im sure will be giving away those footballs that arent fit for a dog to play with, although I have a mate who works in an XV so may be able to get me one around Wednesday.

Any good offers going around?

I will be getting mine Wednesday, as they released it last year in all Xtra-Visions for FIFA 10... and I pre-ordered mine, and was told they may do it again this year... just have to wait and see...

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

halolma wrote: »
    I will be getting mine Wednesday, as they released it last year in all Xtra-Visions for FIFA 10... and I pre-ordered mine, and was told they may do it again this year... just have to wait and see...

When you say they might sell it on Wednesday, does that mean after a certain time or from 9am? Maybe i'll ring ahead and ask

halolma wrote: »

Don't bother, I'd be very surprised if XV released it early. Halo was released early in a few places in England and we were given strict instructions in XV not to sell it till official release date.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

*Mod Warning*

The posts from earlier have been removed. Anyone reposting deleted posts or posting about same will receive a month ban. You have been warned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Any word on tesco doing it again for €35 on release day? Would be perfect since tesco is right beside my apartment in college here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Any word on tesco doing it again for €35 on release day? Would be perfect since tesco is right beside my apartment in college here :D

I've purposely booked myself cinema tickets for Thursday night so I'll be forced to wait til Friday in the hope that they'll sell at it that price as I'm counting the pennies lately! :)

They probably will, but I'm saying that more out of hope than knowledge! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

I've purposely booked myself cinema tickets for Thursday night so I'll be forced to wait til Friday in the hope that they'll sell at it that price as I'm counting the pennies lately! :)

They probably will, but I'm saying that more out of hope than knowledge! :)

Surely a trip to the cinema would be the difference between the tesco deal and the normal price anyway....

Nothing yet about Tescos price, I'd say it might be in one of the papers tomorrow or Thursday, hopefully it's €35, leg it over before college on Friday.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Nothing yet about Tescos price, I'd say it might be in one of the papers tomorrow or Thursday, hopefully it's €35, leg it over before college on Friday.:D

Bad idea

"Ahh sure ill just have one kick off match... Ahh bollix its Monday."

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Bad idea

"Ahh sure ill just have one kick off match... Ahh bollix its Monday."

:D

Buy before college, withstand 4 hours of college, Luas home, bitta lunch, 2 hours of FIFA then over to Tolka Park to watch Shels -v- Cork, decent Friday methinks!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Hopefully somewhere will have it in Tallaght on Thursday or tomorrow.

Advertisement