Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 'Where to buy/Price comparison/Who will sell it early' thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Just so ye all know, just because Tescos is open 24 hours doesnt mean that the game will be on sale at 12am.

The one in Dundrum for example is open all night, but have never had the game out at anytime close to 12am, and most of the staff havent a clue either. I wouldnt waste your time trying blindly for these 12am releases just because a shop is 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Parawind wrote: »
    I'd say tesco would have advertised it by now if they were doing that deal to try and get as many people as possible into their stores. I mean what would be the point in them doing the deal and then telling nobody about it.
    It only gets advertised on the Friday, it's to undercut the other stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Will hopefully be getting it in clearwater @ 12 or so , they did it last year with fifa 10 & the year before for fifa 09 for 35 quid for the first day , hopefully do it again because i missed it the other two times :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DjMeltdown

Apparently Xtravision in Stillorgan are going to sell it @ 7 few guys from college are going down - they all got tiger woods at 7pm the night before too.

I dunno why 7, maybe thats the time the other places close i dunno but im going down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Xtravision opens till 12 most places... you should be able to get it b4 it shuts tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭halolma

DjMeltdown wrote: »
    Apparently Xtravision in Stillorgan are going to sell it @ 7 few guys from college are going down - they all got tiger woods at 7pm the night before too.

I dunno why 7, maybe thats the time the other places close i dunno but im going down

can you confirm this mate, i just live down the road from it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Think I'll hold off until midnight and get it in ASDA. Not going to go chasing around the stores for the sake of a few hours play. The extra few quid makes a big difference to me. ASDA seems the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If I remember correctly, its because anything after 7 in XV counts as part of the next days official takings (not in terms of cash taking but stock sales), so if FIFA goes through the till after 7, it counts as being sold on Friday. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

halolma wrote: »

well what time is your local one open till?
    they usually have the game stocked and ready to sell for the morning, so if you pop in b4 they close, im sure they will sell it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

This was posted on another forum regarding the Mahon Point midnight launch of FIFA 11.Might be worth calling a few other GAME stores around the country to see if they are doing anything similar? I can't find any comprehensive list online.
    GAME in Mahon Point are having a midnight launch for Fifa 11 next week. They're kicking it off with a pre-launch tournament at 11pm to win free copies of the game. So as well as being able to try out the new game, you also have a chance to win a copy! It starts at 11pm Thursday 30th Sept but ONLY in the Mahon Point branch. Any further questions, contact Barry or Mark on 021-4515066

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 butcherchap

i rang up and they know nothing about this but he said ring back at 7 and he will let me know if they get word on if they can or not basically

If I remember correctly, its because anything after 7 in XV counts as part of the next days official takings (not in terms of cash taking but stock sales), so if FIFA goes through the till after 7, it counts as being sold on Friday. :)

lets hope someone can confirm they get a copy of this :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Why not ring them and ask to be sure?

well what time is your local one open till?
    they usually have the game stocked and ready to sell for the morning, so if you pop in b4 they close, im sure they will sell it to you.

they open till 11 mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Axwell wrote: »

i can't see any shop staing over the phone "yes w'ere breaking it"

I will after 7pm :) and then can confirm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,085 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

On the off chance Tesco do end up selling it for €35, what would be the best Tesco to pick it up from tomorrow morning before 9 in Dublin city centre? Looked in jervis and their game section looks rubbish. Wouldn't think they'd have it. I remember going out to get fifa 09 from Tesco on the day of release and had to try 3 of them before I found a shop that had it.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Re: the GAME comment above. The Tallaght branch told me they are opening at 8am and will be selling it for 50 euros.

as i said i rang it already, he said hes not aware, he even asked someone else beside him on the call, neither where aware, he said ring back later

if enough people ring saying it maybe they will feel the need to do somethin about it :P

and it aint open till 11 its 10 he said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I will after 7pm :) and then can confirm :)

Oh yes, I'm excited now, ask them if it's the same for all xtravisons too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 FaceThePain

yeah tell them phone the ones in Cork especially, haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Which store is this now?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 celtic123

Id say tesco clearwater in finglas will have it because i got fifa 10 then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

gamercfc wrote: »
    Which store is this now?

Smyths in Waterford have them out and priced. Not sure if they're selling them yet though. Worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

€35 on amazon now if you can wait until next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 dave bks

all shops have them out and priced, not selling till tomorrow

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

ShaneU wrote: »
    €35 on amazon now if you can wait until next week.

Have you seen the last few pages of posts..probably the most impatient people in the world..none of us want to wait till tomorrow let alone next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Have you seen the last few pages of posts..probably the most impatient people in the world..none of us want to wait till tomorrow let alone next week :D

wouldnt want ta live my life any different :p;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 dave bks

for Suck Fakes !!! someone just stroke a copy from a shop and then go to another shop and show them the copy and then say "sure your man down the road is selling them - look he sold me a copy of it"

WoUlD iT wOrK?

• Advertisement

i nominate you to do that

my shop lifting days are behind me

Advertisement