Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 'Where to buy/Price comparison/Who will sell it early' thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

I spoke to a young lad working in Tesco in Mahon Point today and he mentioned even the staff arent getting it early, and the price according to him is 35 euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Is there a definite answer on the Tesco price

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

iv heard off my mates sis who works in tesco saying itl be 35 euro on day one like last year so im 100% sure shes right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Demios wrote: »
    I spoke to a young lad working in Tesco in Mahon Point today and he mentioned even the staff arent getting it early, and the price according to him is 35 euro...

I hope you're right ......... And if it is . How long does offer usually last ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Warning: If you buy it in tesco at midnight it will be €60, price changes don't happen at midnight.

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    Warning: If you buy it in tesco at midnight it will be €60, price changes don't happen at midnight.

pretty sure your wrong as iv been told its going to be 35 like the last 2 years for day one

well for my tesco anyway

ASOT wrote: »
    pretty sure your wrong as iv been told its going to be 35 like the last 2 years for day one

well for my tesco anyway
    Tomorrow maybe but not at midnight it won't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭DA365

If anyones going to Dundrum @ 12 from the city centre and fancies sharing a taxi, gimme a bell

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kav1892

I dont know about this...
    Ive worked in a few retailers and price changes have ALWAYS only ever gone through at midnight, to avoid confusion of dates.....its the only way most systems and pos can process it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Seeing as I really should buy food for the gaff.....tonight might be a good time to pop into Tesco (Coonagh Cross, Limerick). Will let ye know if it's there.

• Advertisement

well considering it was 35 the last two midnight releases for fifa 10 / 09 why would they change it this year ?

was told by my mates sis so quit me in 40 mins <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Just pulled in to mahon point. Fairly big crowd here already!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

DarkJager wrote: »

I hate you all! Can't get it until at least tomorrow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭r9ronaldo

me: hi id lik to buy fifa 11

tesco clerk: ok sir,there you are

me: thank u,how much is that?

tesco clerk: 60 yoyo's please sir

me: guess again.......

tesco clerk: eh 35 yoyo's?

me: correct

hopefully clearwater dont sell out because i wont be able to get their till about 3 amish when i finish work

me: hi id lik to buy fifa 11

tesco clerk: ok sir,there you are

me: thank u,how much is that?

tesco clerk: 60 yoyo's please sir

me: guess again.......

tesco clerk: eh 35 yoyo's?

me: correct

For GAME i'm assuming?

I thinking of just buying it there for 45 altogether. I aint getting tired and FIFA awaits...

For GAME i'm assuming?

I thinking of just buying it there for 45 altogether. I aint getting tired and FIFA awaits...
    Yep! The place is packed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭DA365

What time's the las LUAS from Stephens green to Dundrum(Ballaly) and vice versa? Anyone know?

Kav1892 wrote: »
    I dont know about this...
    Ive worked in a few retailers and price changes have ALWAYS only ever gone through at midnight, to avoid confusion of dates.....its the only way most systems and pos can process it

Well we'll see in 30 minutes I guess.

• Advertisement

Yep! The place is packed.

If i left now coming from Grange reckon ill secure a couple of copies??? Cheers btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Anyone wanna pick me up a copy in GAME and deliver it to my house from Mahon Point to Carrigaline? I'll give you a fiver extra for it. THANKS!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

ThirdMan wrote: »
    I know, it really is that good. 25 years old and acting like it. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Oh the irony.

I would've thought someone would've broken by now. My local Tesco only opens until 12am so I'll just wait until tomorrow. At least trading in Mafia 2 and Madden NFL 11 will knock a good few quid off the price.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Oh the irony.

I would've thought someone would've broken by now. My local Tesco only opens until 12am so I'll just wait until tomorrow. At least trading in Mafia 2 and Madden NFL 11 will knock a good few quid off the price.

you get it for 3 quid if you trade in mafia 2 :)

100% fact

EDIT - @ gamestop

If i left now coming from Grange reckon ill secure a couple of copies??? Cheers btw.
    You should be grand man. Was told this morning they got extra copies in. Giving free copies as well for a competition going on inside at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

GAME in Limerick doing a midnight launch? Or Tesco at the Coonagh roundabout?

just leaving 4 maynooth now if im not back b4 12;30 im either having gr8 fun playing fifa 11 r else iv been horriblely brutally murdered.......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

heard smyths are selling this for free when you trade in two of a select number of games - but i can't find out what these games are. anyone know where i can find this info? maybe it is on their site but i can't find it.

Call Of Duty MW 2
    GTA Episodes from Liberty City

They were two of the PS3 ones, along with the new games like Mafia, F1, etc... can't remember any others.

You should be grand man. Was told this morning they got extra copies in. Giving free copies as well for a competition going on inside at the moment

Cheers buddy! I reckon ill risk it over there so, ill try and buy 2-3 copies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

r9ronaldo wrote: »
    just leaving 4 maynooth now if im not back b4 12;30 im either having gr8 fun playing fifa 11 r else iv been horriblely brutally murdered.......

No you'll be back on her to report the price. ;)

Advertisement