Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 'Where to buy/Price comparison/Who will sell it early' thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

No bother Gav.

Gonna do a Career Mode with Shels? :pac:

Hahaha very good man :).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Why -10%?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Has anyone refused to pay the €60 in tesco yet?

And what, expect to get the game!?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kav1892

Why -10%?

Ehm. Staff discount ;)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Does he really think that will do anything? They will just go "...... Ok then, NEXT" Video it it would be funny actually.

• Advertisement

Don't be silly

• Registered Users Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It's not surprising for the game to be expensive on launch night.

I've bought games on pre-sale in GAME before €10 more expensive than the day after so I'm not in anyway surprised Tesco are cashing in tonight. They know some people will pay over the odds so why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Hahaha very good man :).

What's this? The fecking methadone clinic?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

€60 in Tesco, just returned now.

I wasn't arsed paying that considering I have credit in GameStop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Has anyone refused to pay the €60 in tesco yet?

Next please is what the till lady would say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Don't be silly

I am sure many people have but what do you think will happen? Tesco suddenly realise what fools they have been and instantly lower the price? Look at the amount of people even on here that have bought it even though they knew other places have it cheaper, I doubt Tesco are all that much disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rev2.0

Maynooth sold out now

Don't be silly

Thought you meant that, which tbf, would have been silly.

I'm sure plenty will just walk away without paying €60.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

rev2.0 wrote: »
    Maynooth sold out now

at €60 a pop?

I kinda mean it's a bit of a kick in the teeth for the lads that went out at this hour to Tesco and hoping it would be €35, only to find out its nearly double

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Next please is what the till lady would say.

Sexist pig :eek:

:p.

I kinda mean it's a bit of a kick in the teeth for the lads that went out at this hour to Tesco and hoping it would be €35, only to find out its nearly double

Tesco never said it would be €35

either did I

Yeah, very true. Reckon a fair few will pay it though :eek:

Aye, but it has been the last few years.

Not at all. Tesco is a business. They realise they're getting the die-hard FIFA punters in at midnight every year. They know that a huge majority of people who are in Tesco at midnight are there to buy FIFA, and that they will buy the game at €60. They know that if they reduce the price tomorrow to compete, people will buy FIFA. As others have said there was no written in stone price of €35.

They're there to make money. They have no competition at 12 midnight, and there are people who will gladly pay €60 as opposed to go home without, I can't see how so many people cant understand this. They're trying to make money, simple as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

RobTheLad wrote: »
    at €60 a pop?

Rest assured lads Tesco will lower the price in the morning/afternoon. Grab a paper from any shop and it will have the 'real' price. To be honest im more surprised that people here didn't think it was in Tesco to pull a trick like this.

Lets be fair lads, they aint in the business to lose money off saps like us driving around looking for a bargain in the early hours...I went to Game in Cork, saw it was packed and the price was 50 euro's, turned around and headed home. Tomorrows another day!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Not at all. Tesco is a business. They realise they're getting the die-hard FIFA punters in at midnight every year. They know that a huge majority of people who are in Tesco at midnight are there to buy FIFA, and that they will buy the game at €60. They know that if they reduce the price tomorrow to compete, people will buy FIFA.

They're there to make money. They have no competition at 12 midnight, and there are people who will gladly pay €60, I can't see how so many people cant understand this.

Great minds 'post' alike! :P....looks like you pipped me to the post in the rant dept. Kudos! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 butcherchap

way to many people caught up on the 35 malarky, it was promo for themselves the last couple years

its called loss leader, sell something at a loss or no profit to get people in the store to buy other ****

they probably felt it wasnt worth it, they will still probably move the same amount of units at 60 quid this year!

I will buy it in either nutgrove or dundrum 2moro maybe

i aint goin miles out of my way to save at max 15 quid

either did I

I never said you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

back of the tomorrows metro 39.95 in tesco's on ps3 xbox 360

I never said you did.

You didn't say that he did, but he never said that he did, so that means you didn't tell him that he did and he didn't say it.

I'm foncused

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Tesco in Ardkeen, Waterford had it for 59.95 and only had Xbox 360 copies. But are 35euro in the morning. I couldnt resist though lol Impulse always wins :p

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rev2.0

Tesco Lucan have loads!!

• Advertisement

RobTheLad wrote: »
    back of the tomorrows metro 39.95 in tesco's on ps3 xbox 360

Sweet, thanks.

How the hell did you get to see the back of tomorrows Metro? :)

Advertisement