Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 'Where to buy/Price comparison/Who will sell it early' thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rev2.0

Parawind wrote: »
    You 100% sure they have loads?

Left there 30 mins ago and there was an almost full stand at the entrance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 emmalo

cant belive we sold out in 15 mins in finglas clear waters

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Isn't it illegal to say your selling good at a discount(was E60 now E40) when there was never any change in the price?.

They are the only ones selling for above E50 and so by saying ''RRP E60'' they're in effect referring to their own price while making the deal look sweeter since it's down E20.

No, the R.R.P.is €60 everywhere.

That ad never mentioned it being down from €60 to €40.

It says that the RRP is €60.

Big difference.

No but i mean, they started with a E60 which no one but them had, maybe its the same as a sale where they can only use that figure if it was used by someone else, so the ad makes it look like they're E20 cheaper then everyone else, looks better then E50 RRP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

emmalo wrote: »
    cant belive we sold out in 15 mins in finglas clear waters

Can't believe you think people believe you. If you want your copy get up early like everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rev2.0

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Can't believe you think people believe you. If you want your copy get up early like everyone else.

To be fair, I was in maynooth at 12:20 and they had sold out so.....

Stopped off in Lucan on the way back and they had an almost full stand, wonder how long that'll last

Reganio 2 wrote: »

eh sorry but true i got my partners copy at 12.02 head on down but we are sold out i work there

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kav1892

To clarify this once and for all (Let's not even begin to think we've outsmarted the big advertising chiefs at tesco on basic advertising principles)

RRP as we all know stands for recommended retail price. It in no way refers to tesco's personal price. Only €39.95 is the terms in which they can avoid the legal issues.

If they stated, was €60, now €40, you might have some ground. They clearly just stated the recommended set price and compare their own price to this standard. They use the word ONLY. You gotta pay close attention to advertising, careful word selections keep them legally viable.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭sockpuppets

eh sorry but true i got my partners copy at 12.02 head on down but we are sold out i work there

do you think they will get more in for tomorrow?

do you think they will get more in for tomorrow?

im not to sure i cant yes or no im sure you will get one sum were :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Kav1892 wrote: »
    To clarify this once and for all (Let's not even begin to think we've outsmarted the big advertising chiefs at tesco on basic advertising principles)

RRP as we all know stands for recommended retail price. It in no way refers to tesco's personal price. Only €39.95 is the terms in which they can avoid the legal issues.

If they stated, was €60, now €40, you might have some ground. They clearly just stated the recommended set price and compare their own price to this standard. They use the word ONLY. You gotta pay close attention to advertising, careful word selections keep them legally viable.

Yep completely agree with this.

Also, on a smaller note, this Metro ad is due for circulation from tomorrow morning. The fact that people got a hold of it tonight before circulation was planned. Although it is technically the 1st of October, the paper is not due to be out until tomorrow morning.

However the over-arching principle here is as Kav said, Tesco are in no way liable for any mispricing here.

im not to sure i cant yes or no im sure you will get one sum were :)

yeah but im just curious how many copies tesco are willing to sell at that price if it is reduced tomorrow. i wonder if its a set amount they are willing to let go for that price

yeah but im just curious how many copies tesco are willing to sell at that price if it is reduced tomorrow. i wonder if its a set amount they are willing to let go for that price

I'd say it'll be reduced first thing in the morning, between 7 and 9.

I'd say it'll be reduced first thing in the morning, between 7 and 9.

yeah i hope so. but will they have any left?

yeah i hope so. but will they have any left?

With an offer like that in the paper? They'll have loads. They'll anticipate the high demand.

:)

With an offer like that in the paper? They'll have loads.

yeah good point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Just got the last 360 one in Clarehall. Paid €60 even after showing them the Herald advert.

Fella said Tesco offers dont come on to the system until 3am. I've kept mine in the wrapper and will take it along with the Herald for the €20 refund else they can have my copy back.

Worth the journey for now though as I havent time to play it until tomorrow night anyway so it can sit in the wrapper until the price issue is resolved in my situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Got it in mahon for 50 euro, well worth the wait. Very impressed with it. Everything feels fluid from the passing to the shots. Just wiped the floor with newcastle 6-0! Game in mahon defo sold out tonight tho, there were literally less than 10 copies left when i got to the till.

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Just got the last 360 one in Clarehall. Paid €60 even after showing them the Herald advert.

Fella said Tesco offers dont come on to the system until 3am. I've kept mine in the wrapper and will take it along with the Herald for the €20 refund else they can have my copy back.

Worth the journey for now though as I havent time to play it until tomorrow night anyway so it can sit in the wrapper until the price issue is resolved in my situation.

I'd advise you to try to get a full refund as opposed to seeking your €20, as they won't just give you €20 out of the till.

They're not obliged to refund you at all just so you're prepared.

Good luck though, hope you get someone nice who'll sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Pyongyang wrote: »

What a waste of your time. That is all.

• Advertisement

Could anyone confirm something for me about the PS3 release, is there a prompt that you must update to a new version to play the game like 3.50 or 3.42 when not connected to the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

bought it for 60 euro in tesco

came home to find it on here advertised for 40

went back and got a full refund after playing the game for 2hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kav1892

They're not obliged to refund you at all just so you're prepared.

Spot on. I wish you the best but would be surprised if they entertain this to be honest...

@FireballPitcher: Maybe we should form a retail-legalities crime fighting duo?

Ps. I'm available for such crimefighting on tuesdays, wednesdays & fridays, b4 9pm. :D;):p

Kav1892 wrote: »
    Spot on. I wish you the best but would be surprised if they entertain this to be honest...

@FireballPitcher: Maybe we should form a retail-legalities crime fighting duo?

Ps. I'm available for such crimefighting on tuesdays, wednesdays & fridays, b4 9pm. :D;):p

Brilliant, I was losing business due to being unavailable midweek so you being available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays will keep the business afloat! :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 FaceThePain

forgot to ask anyone who has it this question.........is the 25-man rule in the game for the Premier League?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Got it in Lucan, they have loads, wouldn't let me a avail of the over but they did have loads!

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

To all with the game,

I hate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Yapa wants the game now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Anyone know of anywhere thats selling dog toys that don't make a squeeky noise when dogs bite them? But the toys must have no fur or metal bits on them? My dog doesn't like them. Also anyone know which places have the most varietys in stock, the stores full 7 day opening hours and any newpapers offers that might get me a 20cent discount but it'll be more likely that I'll end up leaving it in the wrapper, let my dog play with it, take it back and exhange for a similar toy thats 11c cheaper in a shop 40miles away.

Nevermind this Fifa shoite...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Anyone know of anywhere thats selling dog toys that don't make a squeeky noise when dogs bite them? But the toys must have no fur or metal bits on them? My dog doesn't like them. Also anyone know which places have the most varietys in stock, the stores full 7 day opening hours and any newpapers offers that might get me a 20cent discount but it'll be more likely that I'll end up leaving it in the wrapper, let my dog play with it, take it back and exhange for a similar toy thats 11c cheaper in a shop 40miles away.

Nevermind this Fifa shoite...

If your not interested in fifa then leave, it's not hard to work out.

Advertisement