Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 'Where to buy/Price comparison/Who will sell it early' thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

Just back from Tesco Clarehall. They do have ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Tesco Stillorgan had a good few copies for all consoles when I picked mine up a few minutes ago.

Hilariously, even though FIFA 11 is €39.95, four shelves below FIFA 11 was FIFA 09 retailing at..... €59.95!!

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

How much is it in xtravision for the xbox and is anything with it like a ball or jersey for example?

Same question for HMV. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tombomb7

Cost me €60 in Tesco in Maynooth :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Tesco Nutgrove sold out XBox / PS3 ( 1 left for Wii ). So just walked up to Argos to get it for €43.99, they had 14 left.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 ryano77

tesco wilton charging 60 yoyos too. not a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ryano77 wrote: »
    tesco wilton charging 60 yoyos too. not a chance
    It's €40 everywhere, should be €40 at the till.

ShaneU wrote: »
    It's €40 everywhere, should be €40 at the till.

It's not, its only at selected stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

It's not, its only at selected stores.

Confirmed, check the small print from the Herald advert (I've attached it to this post and highlighted the key points).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

any1 know if its in tesco clearweater?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 butcherchap

im goin to nutgrove in 20 mins or so, tesco told out of xbox yeah? fml

ill try argos and xtravision, hopefully they aint all gonezo

im off work sick and could do with the entertainment value

• Registered Users Posts: 7,143 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Pyongyang wrote: »
    For the record, I just rang Tesco Clarehall.

Your one on customer service said that you need to bring the game and your receipt and they will refund the €20 difference straight to your card or in cash.

All's well that ends well. :)

You could try get all your money back, as you were over charged

"No Quibble Policy

Our "No Quibble Policy" is our way of showing customers that we always charge the right prices in our stores. It states that: "in the unlikely event of you being charged a price at the checkouts that is higher that the price mounted on the display, we will give you that item absolutely free and without quibble"."

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

"No Quibble Policy

Our "No Quibble Policy" is our way of showing customers that we always charge the right prices in our stores. It states that: "in the unlikely event of you being charged a price at the checkouts that is higher that the price mounted on the display, we will give you that item absolutely free and without quibble"."

but the display price when purchased was 59.99 ??

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

"No Quibble Policy

Except the price displayed at the time was €60 / had no price displayed. ;)

"No Quibble Policy

No. He was told the game was €60 and that it should be on the till at 3am-ish for €40 if the store were doing it for €40. It wasn't like he paid €60 by credit card and got home and realised he should have paid €40. He was well aware of the pricing of the product. You can't stroll in to a shop and say "hey now that you've a promotion on today, I want all my money back, because you charged me full price yesterday." You'll just be told to get lost. Its great that the OP (of this problem) is getting his €20 back but he was never mispriced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Tescos in square tallaght sold out of xbox and ps3 . Argos has loads of them left 43.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Tesco, Jervis St, only have the Wii version left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

No. He was told the game was €60 and that it should be on the till at 3am-ish for €40 if the store were doing it for €40. It wasn't like he paid €60 by credit card and got home and realised he should have paid €40. He was well aware of the pricing of the product. You can't stroll in to a shop and say "hey now that you've a promotion on today, I want all my money back, because you charged me full price yesterday." You'll just be told to get lost. Its great that the OP (of this problem) is getting his €20 back but he was never mispriced.

Yep, I think it's a case of miscommunication. I meant to say when folks were scanning copies in to the price checker machine last night after we were handed out copies, the machine showed it was €59.95.

Personally I'm not after all my money back as I want the game obviously, just want the €20 difference back which Tesco honoured to do when I called today. To be fair the lad in charge last night did say if the price drops (and I assume he knew full well it would) that Tesco would refund the difference.

I only left my copy in the wrapper as by the time I got home I was off to bed to be up for work anyway so had no intention of playing it until tonight regardless. May as well leave it in the wrapper with the opportunity there so as to give myself better foundations for obtaining a full refund if they were not prepared to reduce the €59.95 price tag.

I'm glad a refund is on the cards, got to feel for those that live near a Tesco which is not participating in the deal though and their only choice is to hand over €59.95 if no other games outlet is nearby. :(

[OT]Looking forward to a couple of games tonight before heading to the cinema to catch the remastered Back To The Future![/OT]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Doneg Al

Firstly, if you go down to your local Tesco NOW, the price has finally dropped to €40.

For all the hysterical people who paid €60 last night and early this morning, just consider it a lesson learned. Dont mug yourselves off in the future, pre-order. Seriously if ANYONE from Tesco was on boards yesterday, they saw you lot coming.

And the worst thing was plenty of people told you to calm down but all day there was a frenzy on this thread and to be honest its no wonder so many people are taken advantage of in terms of the prices paid.

All I can say is this, I pre ordered months ago when i was shopping, I picked it up today when i was shopping. Simple, hassle free, stress free.

Hopefully in future all you people who have been acting like hysterical children on xmas eve will listen to the many people who tried to calm you down yesterday. Save yourselves the stress, and the petrol bills and get a good nights sleep into the bargain.

Then again part of me hopes you do the same thing next year because its been hillarious reading this thread the last two days haha

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

how the hell do Gamestop get away with charging 50 for FIFA 11 while tesco only charge 40 euro

I hate shopping in gamestop because they are rip off merchants but i got a fifa 11 voucher off them a while back and got fifa for only 25 euro

so I was sorted, still thou 50 euro :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Doneg Al wrote: »
    Firstly, if you go down to your local Tesco NOW, the price has finally dropped to €40.

For all the hysterical people who paid €60 last night and early this morning, just consider it a lesson learned. Dont mug yourselves off in the future, pre-order. Seriously if ANYONE from Tesco was on boards yesterday, they saw you lot coming.

And the worst thing was plenty of people told you to calm down but all day there was a frenzy on this thread and to be honest its no wonder so many people are taken advantage of in terms of the prices paid.

All I can say is this, I pre ordered months ago when i was shopping, I picked it up today when i was shopping. Simple, hassle free, stress free.

Hopefully in future all you people who have been acting like hysterical children on xmas eve will listen to the many people who tried to calm you down yesterday. Save yourselves the stress, and the petrol bills and get a good nights sleep into the bargain.

Then again part of me hopes you do the same thing next year because its been hillarious reading this thread the last two days haha

You can take it in and get the difference refunded.

Please take your little rant elsewhere, it fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Had another quick look in tesco in Galway shopping centre . There's 2 tescos , two ps3 copies left on shelf thingy in main grocery tesco . I'm sure theyre selling it in the electronics tesco too. Theyre selling for 39.95 e .
    Tesco prices FTW ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Don't buy from them then? They 'get away' with charging that because people like yourself purchase the game from their store. It's kinda how it works.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Renn wrote: »
    Don't buy from them then? They 'get away' with charging that because people like yourself purchase the game from their store. It's kinda how it works.

It has nothing to do with that really, they make about €5 profit on a game selling it at €50, the likes of Tesco sell it at €40 making a loss on the game.

Headshot wrote: »
    how the hell do Gamestop get away with charging 50 for FIFA 11 while tesco only charge 40 euro

I hate shopping in gamestop because they are rip off merchants but i got a fifa 11 voucher off them a while back and got fifa for only 25 euro

so I was sorted, still thou 50 euro :mad:

Pat from Gamesnash explains the main reason Tesco can sell it so cheap compared to everyone else here if you are interested.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055977798&page=47

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tombomb7

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

So if I bring a copy of my recepit and the game back into tescoes I will be able to get €20 back from them? The price displayed at midnight was €59.95.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Doneg Al

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

Please take your little rant elsewhere, it fails.

Actually a rant is speaking or writing in an angry or agressive manner, obviously my post was neither.

So your knowledge of basic English fails. If your still confused and you need examples of a rant? Just scroll through the previous pages my confused friend, you'll find plenty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Tombomb7 wrote: »
    So if I bring a copy of my recepit and the game back into tescoes I will be able to get €20 back from them? The price displayed at midnight was €59.95.

Apparently so yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Haha my friend cheated.

He went at Midnight last night, took a copy and hid it somewhere really remote on the other side of Tesco's.

Came back there 20 minutes ago (I was with him), they were sold out in Tesco's Navan, he picked it up for 35 :) and everyone thought they were sold out...sneaky f*cker

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fifaking

got it in tesco longford for the 39.95, only a couple ps3 on shelf, not sure if they stock them elsewhere in store though,

only a matter of 12 more hours work to go for me to even see it

• Advertisement

Tombomb7 wrote: »

If you get someone who is nice, or someone willing to give you back your €20, then yeah you might get your money back.

But be aware that Tesco have absolutely no obligation to give you your €20 back. They can tell you its hard luck, and there's not much else you can do. But if you get someone nice they might refund you, but you're not legally entitled to it.

Advertisement