Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 'Where to buy/Price comparison/Who will sell it early' thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Haha my friend cheated.

He went at Midnight last night, took a copy and hid it somewhere really remote on the other side of Tesco's.

Came back there 20 minutes ago (I was with him), they were sold out in Tesco's Navan, he picked it up for 35 :) and everyone thought they were sold out...sneaky f*cker

Haha for some reason I can't shake the image of a copy of FIFA buried in a crate of loose mushrooms :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

Managed to pick up Fifa 11 for 2.99 in HMV. Traded in Mafia 2 which I also bought in there, when I bought Mafia 2 they gave me a 5e gift card so used that today. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Haha my friend cheated.

He went at Midnight last night, took a copy and hid it somewhere really remote on the other side of Tesco's.

Came back there 20 minutes ago (I was with him), they were sold out in Tesco's Navan, he picked it up for 35 :) and everyone thought they were sold out...sneaky f*cker

€35?? yet they're charging €39.95 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

kensutz wrote: »
    €35?? yet they're charging €39.95 :rolleyes:

Yes 39.95 sorry, I wasn't really paying attention as I was still píssed off because I couldn't get a copy. My brother's in Blanch now, said he'd pick it up at HMV so I'm gonna have to wait a few more hours :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 butcherchap

i just popped into tesco nutgrove, full stand with plenty of copies of all consoles literally as you walk in

happy days

was gonna pay the 50 no bother in xtravision but said id have a look first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

34.99 for all platforms in HMV Liffey Valley....Fifa on PC is back :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 emmalo

Tombomb7 wrote: »
    So if I bring a copy of my recepit and the game back into tescoes I will be able to get €20 back from them? The price displayed at midnight was €59.95.

yes your entitled to your 20 euro back iv just being down there and they refunded my money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 emmalo

Any one how bought fifa11 in tesco last night for 60 euro is entitled to there twenty euro back i went down and everyone's was refunded happy days :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Tesco Clare Hall, sold out of PS3 Fifa earlier, millions of 360 though. Just went into Gamestop and bought it for 45, no biggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

emmalo wrote: »
    Any one how bought fifa11 in tesco last night for 60 euro is entitled to there twenty euro back i went down and everyone's was refunded happy days :P

did everyone who got it in tesco last night and who went back get €20 back or is it only some stores doing it .do you just bring the game and receipt and show them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Picked up a copy in Tesco's Wilton for €39.95. Plenty left!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tommy89

My sis told me that she picked up the last copy in tesco in Sligo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

NEWS FLASH! I just returned mine to Clarehall and was refunded €60 cash and the game FOR FREE.

Part of their no QUIBBLE guarantee. Guess it was worth being up at midnight to buy my copy!

Get down there now for your refund and FREE copy of FIFA 11!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

went out and got my €20 back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

mailrewop wrote: »
    went out and got my €20 back.

Told ya last night you could do it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Bought mine by credit card last night in Tesco ardkeen in Waterford. Reckon I'd get the €20 back in cash? Could do with it for a night out later rather than a refund to my card or something!

Moiph wrote: »
    Bought mine by credit card last night in Tesco ardkeen in Waterford. Reckon I'd get the €20 back in cash? Could do with it for a night out later rather than a refund to my card or something!

...or get the whole €60 back and keep the game for free thanks to the Tesco 'no quibble' policy. That's what happened to me yesterday. I couldn't believe it when she gave me €60 and said I could keep the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Got it for 45 in HMV

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

is it too late to do that?? (no quibble policy in Tesco)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Got it for €6 in HMV after trading in Splinter cell conviction which I bought for €20, and UFC 2010. Happy enough with that.

On a side note, can anyone spare a 48 hour gold trial please please?

• Advertisement

Pyongyang wrote: »
    ...or get the whole €60 back and keep the game for free thanks to the Tesco 'no quibble' policy. That's what happened to me yesterday. I couldn't believe it when she gave me €60 and said I could keep the game!

What exactly did you say to them when you went in? Do you think it's too late for me to do that this evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

how much is fifa 11 in tesco today??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

i heard 39.95
    cant confirm though

According to the ad in the Metro Herald on Friday, the price will be €39.95 until October 7.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Moiph wrote: »
    What exactly did you say to them when you went in? Do you think it's too late for me to do that this evening?

From the Tesco website

No Quibble Policy
    Our "No Quibble Policy" is our way of showing customers that we always charge the right prices in our stores. It states that: "in the unlikely event of you being charged a price at the checkouts that is higher that the price mounted on the display, we will give you that item absolutely free and without quibble".

miralize wrote: »
    is it too late to do that?? (no quibble policy in Tesco)

I don't think so. So long as you have your receipt.

All I did was go in to Clarehall after work yesterday with the game and my receipt. I was expecting the €20 difference back and jokingly mentioned what the policy stated on the massive sign behind the counter.

Next I got handed back the game and €60 in cash (after signing a returns receipt). I asked your one what she was doing giving me €60 and she said I was entitled to the money and the game for free because of the Tesco policy.

Hope others took advantage of it and got FIFA 11 for free!

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I don't think so. So long as you have your receipt.

All I did was go in to Clarehall after work yesterday with the game and my receipt. I was expecting the €20 difference back and jokingly mentioned what the policy stated on the massive sign behind the counter.

Next I got handed back the game and €60 in cash (after signing a returns receipt). I asked your one what she was doing giving me €60 and she said I was entitled to the money and the game for free because of the Tesco policy.

Hope others took advantage of it and got FIFA 11 for free!

And that someone could get into a bit of trouble for it too. The no quibble policy doesn't cover a price decrease / special offer advertised outside of the store. It specifically relates to the price on the shelf at the time of purchase. Come monday morning there will be someone in Tesco head office tearing their hair out when they see the refunds report. :D

And that someone could get into a bit of trouble for it too. The no quibble policy doesn't cover a price decrease / special offer advertised outside of the store. It specifically relates to the price on the shelf at the time of purchase. Come monday morning there will be someone in Tesco head office tearing their hair out when they see the refunds report. :D

The thing is, at the midnight sale customers with smartphone were showing staff the Herald ad and still being told to pay €59.95.

Tesco must have had the €39.95 price set before release so the problem lies with Tesco (possibly that one store, who knows) for not having the correct price in their system at 12am. It's right there in black and white in their policy.

True though, the refunds tally will be rather large, I doubt it will happen next year!

I'm going to go into Tesco around 7 this evening and quote that policy and see what they say. I somehow don't think I'll end up getting my €60 back though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Am I the only person in Ireland that bought the PC version?

€35 in HMV.

Advertisement