Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 'Where to buy/Price comparison/Who will sell it early' thread.

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Kristian_

All this talk about no quibble policy and refunds!!:p:p:p
    Whats the game like?
    Is there an Irish lobby this year?
    My copy is being delivered this eve :D:D:D

;););)

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Pyongyang wrote: »
    The thing is, at the midnight sale customers with smartphone were showing staff the Herald ad and still being told to pay €59.95.

Tesco must have had the €39.95 price set before release so the problem lies with Tesco (possibly that one store, who knows) for not having the correct price in their system at 12am. It's right there in black and white in their policy.

True though, the refunds tally will be rather large, I doubt it will happen next year!

Showing the advert would be a slightly different situation to arrving to the store, seeing a €59.99 price and paying it. That said the advert itself stated price valid in the majority of stores so even that could have been argued at the time by the staff :)

Tesco price changes are done centrally (I used to work for them) and batched down to each store. It's not unusual at all for a price change to arrive down in the middle of the night for a sudden sale and have nobody in the store aware of it or an advertisement to appear in the paper that the managers knew nothing about. It happened to me on more than one occasion and one particular debacle had us on Joe Duffy by that afternoon ! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

koHd wrote: »
    Am I the only person in Ireland that bought the PC version?

€35 in HMV.

I'd say so haha :D Im thinking of getting it myself, what is it like? From what I can see its just Fifa 10 console version ported for the pc, unless they brought some of the new features from 11 over?

Its £29.99 on Game as a direct download.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Got €20 back in Tesco this evening, happy enough with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Public Executor

Picked it up in Argos on Parnell for €43.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    I'd say so haha :D Im thinking of getting it myself, what is it like? From what I can see its just Fifa 10 console version ported for the pc, unless they brought some of the new features from 11 over?

Its £29.99 on Game as a direct download.

Defo not just FIFA 10. I had FIFA 10 on PS3 and this is much much better on PC. I haven't played the console version of FIFA 11, but I think the only thing missing from the PC version is personality+.

It has the new and improved 360 dribbling and passing mechanism.

I've played about ten matches so far and I have to say it's bloody brilliant. I'll be playing the Xbox version tomorrow, so I'll have a better idea of the differences then. But I don't think they are all that different.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

got 20 back earlier.. happy enough but would have liked it for free :P

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Kristian_

It's harder to score goals but I guess it takes a bit of getting used to
    It's alot slower than fifa 10
    Overall though I'd give it the thumbs up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Really great game IMO, well worth 48.50..

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RayMers

Any1 know if the Gamestop in Pavillions has any Fifa 11 Ps3 in stock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

RayMers wrote: »
    Any1 know if the Gamestop in Pavillions has any Fifa 11 Ps3 in stock?

Give them a bell

• Registered Users Posts: 9,085 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I preordered with zavvi.com ages ago so I could get the free £20 iwoot.com voucher. Cancelled my preorder a few days later but just got the voucher from zavvi today. Quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

anyone know if it's in stock in claremorris mayo for the 360

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

mink_man wrote: »
    anyone know if it's in stock in claremorris mayo for the 360

Give 'em a ring I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Damien360

Is anyone finding it a lot more difficult/realistic than 10.

I played pro in 10 and was strolling through, should have been next level but I am using pro mode for 11 and it is very hard to get a goal. Matches are very tough and I am only winning half of them. Lots of draws. I am tempted to drop to semi-pro.

One big drawback is the crossing is near impossible but when it works it is pure joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I was about to give up on it, but I resigned to playing it on Semi-Pro.

I found it incredibly frustrating to try and score on Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I never played 10 but was having similar problems with pro on 11.

seems in 11 on pro you need to build up a lot more carefully, lots of one two's create and move into space quickly etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭crackit

I asked this on another thread but got no reply so I'll ask it here.

And apologies if its in here somewhere already but I don't have the time to trawl all 65 pages.

The problem is that I can't connect to any online games in Fifa 11 for PS3. It keeps coming up 'connection to opponent has been lost' or 'the game session is no longer available'

I have no problem connecting to the online store or online play in other games (Madden, Tiger Woods, Fight Night etc...) so I was wondering could anyone help me resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

So where's the cheapest place to buy it now? console: Xbox360

Advertisement