Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 'Where to buy/Price comparison/Who will sell it early' thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭A19B1C12

Anybody know anywhere in Dublin aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 davec9313

Can't wait for the PS3 version to come out.. tick tock tick tock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭halolma

Still no word on any place selling it early :)

has anyone tried HMV? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Is somebody gonna tell me where they got it?
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18 batchuba

I've been harassing all the usual shops with inquiries about early release this year.

The general theme of the responses has been that this year there have been some warnings thrown out about jumping the gun, so its unlikely to happen as previous years.

Its still reckoned possible at some stage tomorrow though.

Anyone who has got it from a shop btw, stop being a complete tart at once and let people know the story - though I'm guessing many of ya either work in a video/game shop or has a mate who does.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭DA365

I pre ordered with GameStop, paid in full, they got them in today -all sitting behind the counters but won't let them go.

They said they'd release early if someone else does.

Well Play.com and Shopto.net orders were all delivered today. Gutted!

If anyone hears of Game/HMV/Tesco selling it early, post in here so I can go round and get it.

All my mates are sitting playing this right now ;/

have heard nothing so far :( bummer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

Still no early release :(

hoping for the 6PM Release like last year!

even my own aunt whos manager of XV wont give me it :mad::(

ArklowHoop wrote: »
    Still no early release :(

hoping for the 6PM Release like last year!

really? nightmare! haha... shame she cant tell you they will be selling it tonight! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Ouch!

• Advertisement

I doubt it will be released this evening haha! :)

looks like it will be Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ELVIS1956

tesco clare hall...should i bother going down tomorrow at midnight to get myself a copy?

ELVIS1956 wrote: »
    tesco clare hall...should i bother going down tomorrow at midnight to get myself a copy?

honestly? not sure mate, you could if you are going to play it all night on Thursday :) or maybe just get it first thing Friday, and get some sleep!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ELVIS1956

halolma wrote: »
    honestly? not sure mate, you could if you are going to play it all night on Thursday :) or maybe just get it first thing Friday, and get some sleep!! :D

cheers, does anyone know if tesco will have it just at midnight or is it likely to come in later on during the day?, btw i'm off work on friday, it was booked months in advance for this momentous occasion :D

haha nice!!

not sure, best thing to do is to ring around tomorrow afternoon or evening maybe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭jkbrackens11

Are Tesco selling it cheaper on first day of release?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

anywhere in Waterford gona be selling it early?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Sti

Won't scan into the computers that's why, was hoping they would was going to buy a copy tonight in work.:(
    Are Tesco selling it cheaper on first day of release?

Still no ads in papers or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Just on the XV free footballs they're only Astro side balls this year, but are actually half decent leather.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 alkel08

Last year I went down to Tesco Dundrum at midnight and it wasn't on the shelf, so I asked one of the staff he told me it won't be on the shelf until 2 a.m so I decided to leave it til first thing Friday morning

Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

alkel08 wrote: »
    Last year I went down to Tesco Dundrum at midnight and it wasn't on the shelf, so I asked one of the staff he told me it won't be on the shelf until 2 a.m so I decided to leave it til first thing Friday morning

Hope this helps

Yeah thats happened to me too with that Tesco. They have a strange policy of putting the game out in the middle of the night (at random times) as opposed to when they can sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RayMers

Any one know if the Tesco in Balbriggan will have it on friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

FIFA for 97p!

mcvuk.com/news/41122/FIFA-11-for-97p

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Has anyone heard of Tesco's confirmed price for FIFA 11?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 davec9313

Heard the Smyths ad on the radio this morning about FIfa 11.. SAying on sale Friday :(

davec9313 wrote: »
    Heard the Smyths ad on the radio this morning about FIfa 11.. SAying on sale Friday :(

ah well guess we have to wait then :(

I am getting my FIFA 11 from game for €0.80, since I have a game card haha...

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

One of the lads on the lslforum is harping on about getting it early. Can't access in work so cant follow up myself. If anyone can find out more, post an update for us.

http://www.freeforum101.com/lsl/viewtopic.php?t=33936&sid=1644e7c20a586845894d65a2aa1701ba&mforum=lsl

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭RonFan

eioneill wrote: »
    One of the lads on the lslforum is harping on about getting it early. Can't access in work so cant follow up myself. If anyone can find out more, post an update for us.

http://www.freeforum101.com/lsl/viewtopic.php?t=33936&sid=1644e7c20a586845894d65a2aa1701ba&mforum=lsl

Just some random proposing to sell the 'overstocks from the wholesaler he works for on Longmile road', the only thing you'd be getting by following up on it would be a knife inserted in you by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

^ that's the same guy who posted on here and had his posts removed.

I reckon come 6/7pm tonight it will be on sale in Game/Smyths and the like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I played Fifa 11 last night. It is great!

Advertisement